• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dalton Setup

True Blue

Lifetime Member
Most Eastern Point In North America "Newfoundlan
Tried this setup since my last post and works awsome..

"Mountain"

Dalton 57.5 weights
Dalton 52/42 progressive helix
Twist @ 80
Silver/Black secondary spring
Stock primary spring with 2 shims
Gearing 39/23

Still getting good gas milage around 160 klm/tank
(pending trigger happy) but throttle responce is perfect
10,200 spot on. 8) 8)

TB

What kind of track speed are you getting in the fluff and what elevation are you at? I tried the 55.5gm, 15mm rollers, stock primary, silver 2nd at 80 degrees. I was at 5000 feet and was hitting 10200rmps on wet heavy snow but didn't have any fluff to try it out on. We need to find a set up that gets us over 50mph track speed. I sure haven't found it yet.

Yes we have "J". I know of a set up that was pulling in the 53 mph. range while climbing. In fact, you know it too :)
True blue, Our optimum setups are very close. Your gearing isn't stock though. You must have a reverse kit? I think the 54/42 progressive is the best I have tried SO FAR. I will try a 56/42 if I get the chance and maybe a 56/44 as well. You need to at least try a set of 8DN-00 or 8DN-20 weights. I plan on trying the 89A weights also. Keep us a breast.
Powder Blue

PB, Did you say "breast". I thought so. Anyway, What set up are you talking about. Is it the one with the 8DN-00. I forgot.

TB,
Yes, please let us know.

Hey Guys ,

Just got back from a four day ride this thing runs awsome.
Snow was fluffy about a foot of fresh and was pulling between
90 - 100 klm uphill steady @ 10,200 - 500 i'm very happy with this
setup, but will try PBs 8DN-20 with may setup. :twisted:

TB

8bu0 weights

I have not tried them on the RX. Based on alot of experience with them on the SRX and Vmax4, I have always liked them. They are a great acceleration weight. There are better top end weights because they are light on the tip. I'm not sure you can get enough weight in them to work well on the RX. I did paly with the 89A10's and couln't get enough weight to keep the final shift down. You would have to go to a higher degree finish on the helix probably to make these work.

Back