• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Difference between 5.7 and 6.9 pilot skis?

apexer said:
Sledfarmer what psi were you running in the front floats on your RTX SE?

hmm, I can't remember to be honest. I had them pumped up pretty good to keep the body roll to a minimum. I think maybe 95 pounds.

We're going out on wednesday, I'll try to remember to check them. Should probably check them to make sure they're even after sitting all summer anyways.

I'm coming from the curves where they darted big time and were a bear turning. They did carve real nice in the turns though. I now have the 5.7s(6" center and 4" outside), and I like how they turn. No darting was noticed, but I did feel them push pretty good in the loose stuff. Is there a way to minimize the pushing? Does more carbide help?

sd5500 said:
I'm coming from the curves where they darted big time and were a bear turning. They did carve real nice in the turns though. I now have the 5.7s(6" center and 4" outside), and I like how they turn. No darting was noticed, but I did feel them push pretty good in the loose stuff. Is there a way to minimize the pushing? Does more carbide help?

To minimize pushing you'd want a more aggressive ski, or more ski pressure. Both would probably create more steering effort. Could try taking your front limiter strap 1 hole tighter.

Or try putting more air in your front shocks, and loosen the spring on your front shock of your rear suspension. Both should give you a little more ski pressure. Do one thing at a time. If you don't like the results, undo it, and try something else.

sleddingfarmer said:
sd5500 said:

To minimize pushing you'd want a more aggressive ski, or more ski pressure. Both would probably create more steering effort. Could try taking your front limiter strap 1 hole tighter.

Or try putting more air in your front shocks, and loosen the spring on your front shock of your rear suspension. Both should give you a little more ski pressure. Do one thing at a time. If you don't like the results, undo it, and try something else.

Thank you!

sd5500 said:
sleddingfarmer said:
sd5500 said:

Thank you!

Also, something I forgot is Shaper carbides. A lot of the ski doo guys say they help the pilot skis stop pushing so much. They are quite a bit more aggressive than the regular round bar carbides.

If you haven't heard of them, here is a random link to a picture and slight description of them...

http://www.richmotorsports.com/store/vi ... STUFEDP286

Back