• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do I need to change my clutch weights for Cooke City MT?

blew by you

Veteran
I'm taking my 08 FX NYTRO (121in.) to Cooke City Montana in Feb.
I currently have stock setup and ride at about 1300 ft.Since I'm going mountain riding at about 8000-10000ft.
Do I need to change my clutch wieghts?
:4STroke:

You do not halfto change your weights only rivets, contact your dealer and he will set you up with new rivets to install. You will also halfto gear down to a 19tooth top, I found this to be the case with my xtx. I hope you do not have the stock track in that thing if you are going to the powder with a 121!!! If so bring a big shovel. :exc:

When we were out in the Big Horns last spring, 8-10k feet I removed all the rivets in the stock weights and tightened the secondary spring also. This worked ok for not buying anything but I am sure that something out there is better than that.

I took my 121" with a 1 3/4" paddle track out there and it worked ok as longs as we were climbing the big stuff. But before I go again I will have a long track with some type of charger on it. Because at 10k feet you loose a lot of power!

a 121" in Cooke in Mid February....have fun...bring two shovels...hopefully your a little guy, as if your over 180, you will sink immediately off trail...and will not be too happy with the experience...

hopefully it doesnt snow for a week before, as otherwise you will not have a whole lot of fun...there are some good sled shops in town that can rent you something...

Back