• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag & Fly set-up

Woodysattack

Veteran
Just got back from testing Turks original set-up versus his new updated setup. I have a 07 attak,well studded 22/40 gear ratio and ulmers air box mod along with ram air lid from fix. Pod set at plus 15. This was a 1000ft run done with trackside timers. From my testing in strictly a drag race both setups are very close. Turks first setup I ran 4.8 shoulder, 5.2 mid, 0 tip, 4.2 overdrive.
300ft 4.57 sec
600ft 7.05 sec
1000ft 9.97 sec.

His second setup consisted of 4.8 shoulder 0 mid 5.2 tip 1.5 overdrive.

300ft 4.60
600ft 7.11
1000ft 10.05

Very close your talking about 3/4 of a sled length in 1000 ft. Also the second setup didnot pull quite as hard down low and a hair more rpms on the top. So if I go to 5.0 in shoulder and 1.8 in overdrive it could be about the same. The clutch temp was alittle better with the second setup. Both pulled about the same speed 109-110 on speedo. The second settup probally will be better on top end but in a drag either one is good with maybe the first setup slighty faster. I also had my own setup which seemed very strong but didnt get time to test It consisted of 3.8 shoulder 3.8 mid 2.0 tip 4.2 overdrive. These are my results with my mods a gearing if anybody has a question feel free to ask. Thanks Kurt

what helix? if stock, do you think the end is too high. The old clickers really liked shallow angles for top end. Have you tried anything below a 40 for a finish angle?

When I spoke with Kurt he was using white clicker primary with stock helix with white secondary spring at 60deg.

Back