• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

drag n flies, with turk's set up

dirtmodified32

Veteran
i just installed my drag n flies and used turk's set up for a 121" nytro with picks... if i said what i was thinking, the moderators would delete it anyways, so i will sum it up:

pull the trigger and :die

my buddies were :exc:

and i said :tg:

most of the time, i am not as impressed with the results as someone on the internet may have tried to described...
in this case, i am flat out IMPRESSED

any one considering drag n flies, my opinion is- they are an exellent up grade with a reasonable cost (excellent bang for your buck)
secondly, i'd like to 'tip my hat' to turk and thank him for his willingness to help me
TURK- :Rockon:

i have never made a top end run. not enough space. highest i saw was in the 90's. but acceleration 0 to 80 was significantly improved.
my brother runs a thunder cat with 205 hp. 0 to 80 we were close, real close, then from 80 to 90 he pulled away, then the end of the field was coming real quick so we had to lift... it didn't run like that befor compared to his sled and the only difference was the clutch. i am not very good with judging distance, but it seemed like it was carrying the skis for the first 300' plus... (admittedly, the snow conditions were perfect for traction, thus helping with the impressive launches)
another thing i noticed that i liked was at the end of a run, when i got off the throttle, the sled did not have as much engine breaking and did not seem to throw the weight forward like it used to. so it did not seem as "nervous" and darty. more stable at 80 to 90 plus when getting back out of it to slow down.

I have the drag n fly kit as well. I used what super torquer recomended (the instructions enclosed within). Is that different than what turk recomends? I'll change them if turk thinks so, as i am studded as well.

I have a 09 RTX SE and 96 studs in the center and on a well groomed trail I can only pull about 8500-8600 rpm and about 85-90 mph I just ordered the drag n fly kit from super torquer I hop this will give me more mid range and get my rpm up closer to 8900 from what every one says thats the rpm you want any input with this set up would be help full im a 15 year arctic cat rider and I dont miss them I love my Nytro but the clutching is a little differant than a cat so any help would be great thanks.

here is what the super torquer book says for setup on the Nytro (doesnt say fx nytro):
using the df60rg weight you are to put 4.7 grams in the shoulder, 5.2 grams in the center, 0 in the tip and 3.2 grams in the overdrive. It also states to use the RED spring.
Then as you read on in the literature it states that the red spring is primarily used for 2 stroke application.
So what is your setup Turk?
thanks in advance.

Drag and Flys rule! Randy is a genius and no other clutch weight could accomplish what this weight does. Some machines benefit more than others but if your doing clutching, DO NOT buy another adjustable weight IMO...

My set up is
red hc spring
1 bolt & 4 or 5 washers in arm(racing or backshift)
1 bolt & 1 or 2 washers in centre(your preference again)
more weight = better acceleration on hardpack but suck in deep snow
remainder of weight empty
xtx is bolt only or bolt & just 1 washer centre

Turk said:
My set up is
red hc spring
1 bolt & 4 or 5 washers in arm(racing or backshift)
1 bolt & 1 or 2 washers in centre(your preference again)
more weight = better acceleration on hardpack but suck in deep snow
remainder of weight empty
xtx is bolt only or bolt & just 1 washer centre
Ok, i feel like a dumba$$ here. So tell me which ones i need to change compared to what the included pamphlet calls for?
Your "racing/backshift" is greek to me. Take my hand and walk me thru this turk. thanks again. Jeff

the holes are marked in directions. Follow my directions. put the amount of weight u need in the aptly named holes.
Read thru the clutching section in tech pages.
I get 20-30 e-mails each & every day & just don,t have the time to walk each individual person thru a complete clutching lesson.

I just got my drag n fly kit and installed it this morning and what a great setup my sled will really rip I just wanted to say Thanks to Turk and the rest of you for posting great info on clutching Thanks again. :Rockon:

This kit works great. I raced my Buddies F7 with it and He got me out of the hole and I caught him and passed him. He told me he's never lost to a Nytro on the F7. I think I might have lost a couple MPH on top But I get to 102 MPH on the Speedo in an Instant now. The highest I saw prior to the Kit was 106 on the speedo

Back