• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dtya2 weight for TD Max spool 17

piskapo

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Viper LTX-SE 240 Hurricane Turbo Kit
Can anyone tell me how much weight for Max Spool 17 using Dtya2? and how much for PT?

Can anyone tell me how much weight for Max Spool 17 using Dtya2? and how much for PT?
I'd say empty,as they r about 79 grams empty.
I had max 17 on with dyta-1's empty pulling 9100, with PT 88-8900
8DN belt, stock springs.

I use Dtya1s empty for powertrail and some weight added for max17.

I use Dtya1s empty for powertrail and some weight added for max17.
DMC turbo what set up are you running not to get off topic I’m going to start getting parts for next season
Thanks Pan

On Max 17 I can't pull the DTAY-2 consistently enough to like them. Perhaps on the ice in 660ft, but trail riding too heavy for my taste. Naturally, anything can be made to work with stiffer springs, but these clutches run hot enough without the added stress.

dtya2 is a great for icy trial or racing on hardpack - feels sluggish but my findings are its just as fast compared to other set ups - it runs great at lower rpms - i run lean 17 at 290 or max 17 at 275 with a 1/2 or 3/4 slug at the tip around 8800 - i like the weight but its a bit slow to rev in powdery or slushy conditions,,, we're working with the extra heavy carbide slugs on these in different areas of weight... so far,, i like the qay70 fully loaded with carbide slugs to 290. i like the stock springs - and some gearing...

Back