• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Easy Start Kit

rfabro said:
It's kph, or kmph, not kmh, right?

Not Exactly: Where is Canada's speed limit?

Each province in Canada has its own speed limit laws. Most provinces have a speed limit on freeways of 110km/h except for Ontario and Quebec which have freeways (and toll highways) at 100km/h. Also rural two-lane roads in Canada have a speed limit of 100km/h (as is standard also in Europe and Australia) but in Ontario and Quebec it is only 80-km/h and 90km/h in rural northern areas. Generally Ontario and Quebec have the lowest speed limits not just in Canada, but in North America. I feel that the Paragraphs in the Article on Canadian Speed Limits is best under the circumstances.

What's an example of a rural two-lane road in Canada with a speed limit of 100 km/h? -rak

Most rural two-lane roads in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are signed at 100km/h. Many but not all rural two-lane highways in B.C. are also signed at 100km/h. I know for a fact it is the default two-lane rural speed limit in Alberta and most rural highways are signed at 100km/h.
Mph in US and UK only?

Am I right every country in the world uses Kph speed limits except the US and the UK? if so, this article should probably say this interesting fact more clearly. Seabhcán 00:50, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)

Nobody uses "Kph." They use kilometres per hour whose legal symbol is "km/h". SI units do not have abbreviations, they use symbols that do not vary with language or type.

Hold your horses there, there's another 12 days to go until us Irish finally change our speed limits to km/h (or kph as the signs will say)! zoney ♣ talk 13:35, 8 Jan 2005 (UTC)

The conversion is complete and the signs show km/h not kph. Kph is wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

There may be a few others, but I can't think of them. The US, in fact, doesn't use metric for anything!

Incorrect. 40 % of US industry is metric. Automobile manufacturing is the most visible. With some industries using metric parts and others not, it creates an added cost burden to Americans who have to maintain duplicate inventories of parts to serve both sides.

Sorry for the long explanation, it was easier to cut + paste.

Back