• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

eating sliders! need advice

onlyblue4stroke

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 PZFX 03 RX-1
got an issue with my 07 fx ... literally eating sliders 60 miles to a set .... sled has 8500 miles on it , just put all new wheels in suspension (figuring they were worn out) and same thing again .. i have the 1 1/2 freeride track on it ... it doesent matter what the snow conditions are it just eats them ...... please fire away some ideas at wits end... 5 sets in 1 winter

Excell Wheels. Solved it for me, not sure on the freeride yet as I don't have enough seat time with it yet.

how tight is the track. Mine burned up fast when I was ripping around the pasture with no snow. The track should be as loose as you can get it without slipping in the deep snow.

Also stock wheels and slides will wear right to the line and stop.Do not change them till that point.In front right before curve is one area where extra wheels may be needed though.Dont panic at wear up to the line though.I got 2500 mi on mine and at 300 they were wore right to line.I just changed them to try out the new Dupont slides as a experiment.Old slides are still good.

cannondale27 said:
Also stock wheels and slides will wear right to the line and stop.Do not change them till that point.In front right before curve is one area where extra wheels may be needed though.Dont panic at wear up to the line though.I got 2500 mi on mine and at 300 they were wore right to line.I just changed them to try out the new Dupont slides as a experiment.Old slides are still good.

I agree with that. Mine wore till about 1/16 of the wear line in about 30 miles and haven't moved since. I am going to put in some low snow wheels just after the bend before the bogies.

The Excell wheels slowed the initial burn off but when they are at the wear line keep them on, my sliders wear to the line in the first 300 miles but are good after, also front wheels are a must and try slide tempering where you heat the plastic with a torch to almost a liquid look to the face, then stick them into the snow right away. Do this a couple times and they will hold up a little longer most people do this by installing them first and riding down a hardpack trail then pulling into the snow as soon as they smell the slides burn.

Also had the most luck with white sliders as a plastics tech informs me they have no additive for coloring and are stronger.

thanks for the input everyone .. logged 85 miles this weekend and the sliders wore about 1/16 of an inch and seemed to have stopped.. just did the wheel change and tightened up the limiter strap a couple notches.. seems to be good.... now to find my code 81 wiring issue.....

get the "low snow" wheel kit. i got it for my phazer and the nytro. now i can easily do a season on a set of sliders. they bolt into the rail right on the curve of the track. helped me

Back