• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ebay power chip??

JTSKIR222

Extreme
has anyone installed the power chips offered on ebay? they sell for about $50-60..
just wondering if they work or if they are a scam..
thanks

haha its ok, it was sarcasm i was just joking. If you check out the search feature on the site for "Chips on Ebay" you'll find there is a 1/2 million of post on the chips. Theres alot of detailed info but i i think i am in the 99.5 percentile of people that well say this chips are just a scam, but anyways happy browsing to ya my friends :Rockon: p.s if you do a search you'll probably find a few other crazy jokes i have made about the chips so beware :-o

good to know.
my dodge diesel is chipped and it makes day and night differance.
and by the way you can stack the chips.....
not 5 times but you can stack a couple on...

Hey JTSKIR222, i have a Edge programmer on my Duramax it does make a huge difference. But this truck programmers otherwise sometime called chips come from astaplished companies such as Edge, Banks, Bully dog, ect. these programmer such as you probably already know are attached to the ECU and adjust timing, fuel curve's, shift points and so on. But this Chips on Ebay mostly are electric Isotope's and resistors and other things that can be bought at Radio shack. This guys on ebay are scamming people if you could count how many people have asked the question on here and than all the others out there that arent part of this site that look at these chips and the people out there that dont know alot about Modding sleds go on ebay and see 15-25hp for 50 bucks and figure why not 50 bucks for that much hp and just buy it? these guys on ebay are making so much money for going to Radio shack and spending 2 bucks.
When Edge, banks or bully dog make a programmer for a sled i would look into it cause it would be similar to Power commander programmer which is the real deal. :Rockon:

haha well right now my Duramax LBZ with all the mods has been on the dyno at 523hp i would upgrade the turbo and all that and get more hp but i want to keep it a street truck. Yamaha should make a turbo diesel sled, maybe use a little 3 banger Kabota diesel motor with twin turbos :Rockon: Black SMOKE or no SMOKE!!

Attachments

• cvUdMzULK63ujtIfUMv+tiW1Bzb2592+0300.jpg
    cvUdMzULK63ujtIfUMv+tiW1Bzb2592+0300.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Ho29HosCQ3o5-Uib-Yccw6JVWdqOhNTa0300.jpg
    Ho29HosCQ3o5-Uib-Yccw6JVWdqOhNTa0300.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 58
nice!
i have a 05 dodge ram 6.5 inch suspension lift 37 inch bf AT Full bully dog system with 5 inch dual exhuast full afe cold air intake tranny fully redone for the power. never did the dyno.
but i surprise the hell out of some sport cars.
37 inch tires breaking loose and spanking them in a race is pretty fun.
also seeing them disappear in the smoke brings a smile to my face..

Back