• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski doo mxz sc4 resi rear skid shock

Frontside93

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Phazer Mtx
Looking for a rebuildable mtx skid rear shock. Would have to be 17 1/4-17 1/2 center to center. This ski doo shock from eBay meets the inches. Just wondering if anyone has ran these shocks in their mtx skid. Before I pull trigger. Or if anyone has other recommendations. Thanks I’m advance!

Looking for a rebuildable mtx skid rear shock. Would have to be 17 1/4-17 1/2 center to center. This ski doo shock from eBay meets the inches. Just wondering if anyone has ran these shocks in their mtx skid. Before I pull trigger. Or if anyone has other recommendations. Thanks I’m advance!

Thats not worth $250. Shaft is pitted. You need to check the travel and the length. Never had one on to see if valving is ok and if it clears everything.

Some phazer 121 models had rebuildable shocks. I'm pretty sure the mtx is the same shock dimensionally. I have a few in stock. I will double check center to center length on them.

Some phazer 121 models had rebuildable shocks. I'm pretty sure the mtx is the same shock dimensionally. I have a few in stock. I will double check center to center length on them.
121 piggyback is shorter so it doesn’t bring sled all the way up. I have one. Think center to center is 16 or 16 1/2.

121 piggyback is shorter so it doesn’t bring sled all the way up. I have one. Think center to center is 16 or 16 1/2.
The 121 shock is not shorter. I just measured one here in the shop. 17.5" center to center. Crossed some part numbers between 121 and 144 and both share the same arms and linkage. Springs interchange between 121 and 144 so just different rates depending on year and model.

The 121 shock is not shorter. I just measured one here in the shop. 17.5" center to center. Crossed some part numbers between 121 and 144 and both share the same arms and linkage. Springs interchange between 121 and 144 so just different rates depending on year and model.
Interesting to know. Been told the piggyback from a 121 skid didnt work cuz it was short. I have one in my skid now because I blew my other shock. And needed it for 2 more trips. And guy I get parts from just sent me a pics of a piggyback that measured 17 1/2 center to center too. So guess ima get that one. And buddy’s 121 phazer will take this one.

Back