• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EC OHLINS

kinsound

Extreme
I am installing a EC OHLIN and an 06 Apex skid on my RX1..

I am wondering if when adjusting the Dampening Should it make a sound?

I hear a click but thats it... Anyone have a Apex GT with the EC that could answer this?

Thanks

i have a 07 Apex GT and when i went down there to listen for anything i didn't hear anything, so i am wondering if mine is even working, becasue it is hard to notice a difference lake riding which is all i can do right now.

kinsound said:
I am installing a EC OHLIN and an 06 Apex skid on my RX1..

I am wondering if when adjusting the Dampening Should it make a sound?

I hear a click but thats it... Anyone have a Apex GT with the EC that could answer this?

Thanks

I was going to install an Ohlins EC on my 06 Apex ER but after the results of my post on the reliability of the wire I decided not to. It didn’t seem worth the hassle of the broken wires. I was told that the shocks are valved a little weak. I was going to send mine to Pioneer Performance for a re-valve right from the dealer before I even installed it.

Apex18 said:
I think the EC shock on the 06's were valved a little weak,but the 07's are a bit better from what i hear.

According to Bruce at Pioneer the shocks are valved the same.

mrance111 said:
I was going to install an Ohlins EC on my 06 Apex ER but after the results of my post on the reliability of the wire I decided not to. It didn’t seem worth the hassle of the broken wires. I was told that the shocks are valved a little weak. I was going to send mine to Pioneer Performance for a re-valve right from the dealer before I even installed it.
The valving depends on which EC shock absorber you get.
If you get the OEM shock absorber from the 06 or 07 Apex GT the valving and spring is very soft.
If you get the aftermarket shock absorber, or if you manage to get the OEM shock absorber from one of the european sleds, the valving and spring is much stiffer and better suited for rough trail riding.

Apex18 said:
I think the EC shock on the 06's were valved a little weak,but the 07's are a bit better from what i hear.
mrance111 said:

The 06 and 07 Apex GT are valved exactly the same.
The only difference is that the 07 has got updated piston shaft seal and updated solenoid wire.

yamaouch08 said:
please don't buy the EC ohlins shock! My sled was at the dealer for 2 weeks during the season,and has now be there for 4 weeks waiting on backordered parts to fix it for the 3rd time this season. stay away just my .02

What parts?

yamaouch08 said:
please don't buy the EC ohlins shock! My sled was at the dealer for 2 weeks during the season,and has now be there for 4 weeks waiting on backordered parts to fix it for the 3rd time this season. stay away just my .02
I agree!!!
It is great if you keep the snow out of your track after every ride.
Ice in the tunnel will break the wire.

Alatalo said:
mrance111 said:
The valving depends on which EC shock absorber you get.
If you get the OEM shock absorber from the 06 or 07 Apex GT the valving and spring is very soft.
If you get the aftermarket shock absorber, or if you manage to get the OEM shock absorber from one of the european sleds, the valving and spring is much stiffer and better suited for rough trail riding.

Apex18 said:
mrance111 said:

The 06 and 07 Apex GT are valved exactly the same.
The only difference is that the 07 has got updated piston shaft seal and updated solenoid wire.

I talked to AMF motorsports, certified Ohlins shock company and they told me they did a lot of revalves on 06's. The 07's had better compression stack but dampening was the same. Stated he could not do much to the 07's unless you were doing a spring change.
After calibrating my suspension, bottomed like 6 times in 1500 miles. I weigh 180 pounds and do high speed trail running.

Back