• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP and warranty

Thumper1000

Expert
Does the ecp kit void the mfg. warranty on the sled or part of the warranty and if so what parts. Just wondering someone told me it voids the sled warranty by putting it on. Thanks, this is not a bash, just want to know what I am getting into before I put it on.

It depends on what caused the problem and how solid your dealer is.

If you throw a rod - that is not likely going to be caused by the EPC and warranty will cover.

If you burn a hole in a piston because the ECP kit was installed incorrectly (and they are not diffult to install and I haven''t ever heard of that happening) then likely you will have a hard time getting it covered unless you have a good relationship with your dealer.

Same thing if you change your jetting or fuel screws on your own and it causes a burndown.

I don't think I'd worry about the ECP kit much as it has been around for a few years now and I haven't read any significant problems caused by them.

Thumper1000 said:
Does the ecp kit void the mfg. warranty on the sled or part of the warranty and if so what parts.

I suppose it depends on wether the dealer is willing to lose a customer. Either way, proving the air kit caused the problem is a moot point. Dealers that don't want to stick up and fold under pressure will say anything. I could tell you this...I have dealers all over the world who are putting these on brand new sleds.

On the other hand, if you think the dealer will give you grief on this, simply remove the air kit and put it back to stock.

Back