• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP or TPI filter performance reports

Otis RX

Expert
Guys..... forgive me if this info has been circulating, but I can't seem to find anything posted since I returned to the forum last week.

I've seen a lot of talk about the ECP or TPI but haven't seen any performance comparisons on their effectiveness.
Please share your plus's or minuses on the filters.
What have they done for the RX performance?
I'm not looking for "they look cool", or "they're hard to install".
I'm after top speed or radar numbers, or the F7 beat me by xxx sled lengths and now with the filters the RX was xxx sleds ahead.
Solid details please.
8) Thanks,
OTIS

as far as i know no one has been radared with them on yet but the power addition of the ECP kit is HUGE!!!! Ive got it and love it!!There is dyno numbers under ECP DYNO DAY!! its a few pages back!!

:D

I also am wondering why there are not more performance reports about the ECP's. Are they not working as well as anticipated?

You wanna performance report? Just go and buy the ECP filters and you will be back on this forum singing praises to Freddie for this awesome product, just like I have. How about this, my performance report is too hard to put into words, and if I did it would take up 3 pages. The kit is awesome.

For performance reports look at ECP Dyno day on this forum. I also have a bender loud pipe and a heel clicker clutch kit in my sled. These plus the ECP filters were installed before this season and I have only about 200 miles on it so far this season. As you can see from the post above I am super pleased with the preformance of my sled and no other sled has been able to get near me so far.

Cubby's RX......... have you run it on the lake?
What's the speedo saying vs stock air box? I know the speedo is not accurate, but it does offer a base line.
My concern is that air filters make it louder so some people thinks it's going faster when it may not be!
Kinda like having a couple of beers and picking up 5 MPH.
What other sleds have been unable to get near you?
I'm after facts and details.
Help me out here.
OTIS

Yea Otis, if you know of a lake thats frozen Then I will run it. I rode with a 01 srx,02 viper, a zr800, and two polaris 700s. this was a flat out drag on a snow covered dirt road for about a mile. I didnt catch the speedo because I was too pumped up from beating those guys. This same srx used to get me by about 2 sled lengths last year but now he's about 6 sled lengths back. I weigh 300 and this guy weighs about 170. Like I said before Otis, the post about the ECP Dyno Day on this forum has all the info about these filters you could ever want. Again I didn't make the things, I just know they work and I was very pleased with the whole deal. Whether it was how helpful Freddie was on the phone or the easy installation or how well my sled performs from last year. The whole damn kit cost about $250 and aside from buying a turbo, I feel this is the best investment anyone with a RX-1 can make.----- Cubby

Well... Here is my performance report:

Before: Me on a bone stock Rx-1 Mountain vs. friends geared, clutched, long tracked F7. side by side out of the hole, then i pull away till about 80 and we are pretty even with me about 4 sleds ahead.

Added: ECP filter kit, 165s

After: Me vs F7. Out of the hole...SEE YA!!! Jump out to about 4 sleds ahead and then stretch it out to about 6-7 lengths. Same result multiple runs. :D :D

Are these results ok for everyone. Stop asking questions about these filters. Those of us that have them can only tell you guys so many times how we like them. Go spend the little amount of cash and see for yourself.

Jason

BRX-1,

I didn't notice a large difference in MPG. Generally speaking it really didnt change for me however, i love the sound and the power so i am tempted to whack the throttle more!! I love the difference! As for exact numbers i don't know i didnt check.

Jason

I'm thinking of putting in a set of these/ however I need a little help/ As we speak I can't seem to keep this bugger straight when I get on the hammer hard/ the skis come up and the track takes the sled left or right but not consistantly the same way/ I've tried shifting my weight a little before take off but I still can't seem to determine which way it's going to go/ If I were to install the filters this thing would probably throw me/ later

Otis i cant give you an exact comparision either,cause when i rode my only time this year,i only had green springs in,but it felt better,just w/that mod,but now kit is installed,plus w/my new zr skid plus w/my HH WOW all i can say. I ran it in the field by my house,last night,w/limited snow,mostly frozen ground,but wow does it fly now,and its right at 10,000 rpm now not in 400 ft. or so,thats w/64.3 total grams,speed ring,and 24/40 gears w/stock secondary set at 70 wrap w/silver spring on a hauck 49/40 pulls hard. 8)

Back