• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECP question...?

Nate01

Extreme
I have purchased a set of the Holtzman Silver springs/bigger main jets and the K&N's with GTYR pre-filters.....I did not get the evac or plugs....I was going to order a set of the cr10ek's but have a couple question......

Can i run without the Evac?? Where will the hose from the airbox go to? Also wondering if there is something to keep these new filters on the carb's other than just factory hose clamp....? Also can you run the stock cr9e's....I realize its a hotter plug and the 10 being colder prob gain my hp but I live in a cold area and can frequently see -30+....Thanks for any info as im new to the 4 stroke world but LOVIN' it...

You can run without the evac. Use a small filter or the stock catch box set up. Do a search and you will find a few different ways that people have them rigged up. I use the evac system and have no issues. The plug upgrade is supposedly good for a couple of horse also on ECP dyno. You can use the stock plugs. All in all the difference in performance from stock is very good.

Without putting the evac on....what do i do with the remaining lines for the crank etc....do i need an evac...i see some run a small filter on the end...?

I dont have an EVAC on mine. I got mine from supertuner and just extended the vrank vent line up to the steering post and capped it with a small k$n filter that fit in the end of the hose. Works great with no oil misting.

Mine came with the kit I got from supertuner but you should be able to get them at an autoparts store. They are just K&N breather filters:
kandn_img_m.gif

Back