• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ECU Kit Upgrade needed - 90891-50146-00

jfalabella

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Venture Lite
2007 Venture Lite - I still have the original ECU8GC-00. I am looking for an 8GC-10. The kit includes the upgraded ECU, decompression springs, and a valve cover gasket. I would be thrilled if I could simply source the ECU as I understand this will really help cold starting issues. If anyone has an alternative approach to solving the same problem, I would love some help. And I get fueling issues, and plug issues, and operating temperature issues that can cause plug fouling.

You could also source an ECU from an 08 or 09 Lite, MP or Phazer. The springs you could get separately from Yamaha. The springs aren't as important as the ECU to help it start in the cold.

Check with Barn of Parts.

You could also source an ECU from an 08 or 09 Lite, MP or Phazer. The springs you could get separately from Yamaha. The springs aren't as important as the ECU to help it start in the cold.

Check with Barn of Parts.
THANKS, MOOSEMAN

I just emailed the barn but their online inventory has no such part. I am considering installing a normally closed push button switch to kill the fuel pump for the initial crank (while ECU waits for oil pressure to rise). I hear this is a good alternative. If I only could find said switch. Still looking. It is Plan B.

Or put a push button switch on the oil pressure switch to fake oil pressure. I'm not sure if it cuts the injectors or the spark before there is oil pressure, pretty sure it's not the fuel pump. My son was using an 8GC-00 in his 09 and it would start right away with starting fluid so it probably cuts the injectors. Hell, you could probably put a relay to come on with the starter to fake it. It's normally closed with 0 PSI on the single wire.

Let me know if this works. This could be a solution to all the 07's that didn't get the update.

any update on what was the best route to go my 07 venture MP has the original ECU and im looking for options to help with cold starting

any update on what was the best route to go my 07 venture MP has the original ECU and im looking for options to help with cold starting
The best route would be to find an updated 8GC-10 ECU. Beyond that, I haven't heard anything back from the OP if the hack to the oil pressure switch works.

Back