• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

error codes

Error code 84

Swiss Sledder said:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=36172

Although the above is for the 4 cylinder motor, I suspect most of the codes are the same.

what does T.O.R.S. Stand for? This is what code 84 says, symtom is "detecting conditions for TORS are satisfied" not sure what this means.

Throttle Override System. It is a saftey so that your throttle cannot get stuck wide open. I have read that the guys that are having troubles with them have been bypassing it instead of trying to get it fixed. That is probably what I will do as well this year.

Snow Terrorist said:
Throttle OverRide Switch

Welcome to the site ST! Guess you ain't joking about buying a Yamaha! LOL!!

Great site for all your questions.

RR

Attachments

• flap.JPG
    flap.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 101
I got an error code 84, which is the T.O.R.S system, the fix is to losen you throttle cable a little bit. After I simply put alittle slack in it with the adjustment by the bars, it never threw that code again.

fergdog93 said:
I got an error code 84, which is the T.O.R.S system, the fix is to losen you throttle cable a little bit. After I simply put alittle slack in it with the adjustment by the bars, it never threw that code again.

thanks bud.

I get the 84 code at the beginning of every sled season. After I`ve run it for a while it goes away. Why at the start of every sled season?

contacts in the switch might have some corrosion on them and when you run it it wears off until it sits again. eventually it will not go away and you will have to fix it.

Back