• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EVO ECU flash with OEM muffler?

frogger1655

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX
Newbie question: I just bought a used 2014 Viper XTX, which has an EVO muffler, EVO pipe and EVO ECU flash installed. I find it obnoxiously loud and I'm thinking about swapping the muffler back to OEM. My question is: will this work with the flashed ECU and the EVO pipe or do I have to put everything back to stock and re-flash the ECU at the dealer? I don't mind having extra HP, but the noise level is really annoying.

I originally had an EVO tune with a straightline performance header, air box mod and Ulmer muffler. I found that the muffler was a little to loud for my taste, so I put the stock muffler back on and ran it with the header, air box mod the EVO tune. At the time I contacted EVO about running the stock muffler with this set up and they said that it should be fine, but may loose a couple of horsepower on the top end compared to the Ulmer muffler.
I ended up running it that way for several years without issue.

Bill

Back