• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust hard on gloves?

Friske Nytro

Has anybody else had this problem? We have gotten alot of light fluffy snow in west central Wisconsin with lots of drifting the snow, making for some dandy snowdrifts to bust. Well after getting stuck a few times in these 6-7 foot drifts, when digging out and trying to lift the rear of the sled, the exhaust pipes line right up with your hands on the bumper! It melted one guys suit a little trying to help and it melted through both of my gloves and even burned my wrist a little. Maybe Yamaha needs to put "stacks" on the exhaust to keep me from doing that.

i did notice that they get very warm, i was digging myself out and almost burnt my wrists.....

the exaust works great if your hand get cold...instant hot. i have used the exaust heat a few times when my grips were not getting warm enough.

I have used the exhaust in VERY cold, snowy conditions when my heated shield broke, to defrost my visor. The hot exhaust was a life saver.

put my brand new leathers on the rear to warm up a little 30-45 seconds! and cooked a hole in the inside liner-melted! I'll never do that again!

i did that as well burnt two rings in the month old coat and then burnt right through a pair of gloves u not really somthing u wanna be doing ever other week

OH YEAH THE EXHAUST IS HOT,GOOD HAND WARMER IF YOUR QUICK. made my glove into a mitten all the fingers melted together.didn't notice until i tried to grab the brake..oh well that is how yamaha is going to sell all that new gear to ya

Yeah had the issue with the gloves melting. Definately a way to warm your hands, but be carefull not to warm them for to long.

Back