• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust mbrp/sno stuff ?

I'm on the same wave length as most of the postings here, you've gotta hear it in person . Another option for you is to get a SuperTrapp tuneable muff & fab a quick mount . These slip ons have been around for many years mostly on motorcycles but, are gaining popularity with the car crowd now ! The best part is the tuneability. If its too loud, remove a disc or two. Too quiet, add some discs ! Very simple, lightweight, many options & I've seen some versions as cheap as $ 20.00 ! This is what I am going to do for my XTX ! Good luck with your search. :yam:

2manyhobbies said:
I'm on the same wave length as most of the postings here, you've gotta hear it in person . Another option for you is to get a SuperTrapp tuneable muff & fab a quick mount . These slip ons have been around for many years mostly on motorcycles but, are gaining popularity with the car crowd now ! The best part is the tuneability. If its too loud, remove a disc or two. Too quiet, add some discs ! Very simple, lightweight, many options & I've seen some versions as cheap as $ 20.00 ! This is what I am going to do for my XTX ! Good luck with your search. :yam:
AAEN exhaust will mount a Trapp disc set-up. He sells them separately.

We gutted the mufflers on two nytros. I only removed the small baffle tubes on each side of the divider plate, it's just a tad louder at lower RPMs, WOT can't tell a difference. The second muffler do the same but cut the divider to connect the small baffle tube holes to make one large hole. This is louder all the way around. Between stock and a MBRP. I sold my MBRP after 1 season, it was a pain in the ears when you ride 250+ miles a day and I don't wanna talk to the DNR either.

cwcsrx700 said:
We gutted the mufflers on two nytros. I only removed the small baffle tubes on each side of the divider plate, it's just a tad louder at lower RPMs, WOT can't tell a difference. The second muffler do the same but cut the divider to connect the small baffle tube holes to make one large hole. This is louder all the way around. Between stock and a MBRP. I sold my MBRP after 1 season, it was a pain in the ears when you ride 250+ miles a day and I don't wanna talk to the DNR either.

Just wanted to add one thing bro, the second muffler we removed ALL the baffles and made the hole in the divider larger. Sounds great to. Like cwcsrx700 said the sound is in between a stocker and a mbrp. Best part is it's cheap to do :Rockon:

SledFreak said:
Excell's Muffler makes 3hp. Does MBRP, skinz etc make that as well. Can you feel a difference in power?

Is it possible to put a pipe on and actually feel a difference? Unless you have something to measure it with IE; a dyno or another stock sled to race against before and after? I have the MBRP. Like the sound. Liked the price. Liked the look after installation.

You should be able to tell... If not, another sled to race against that was raced prior to a pipe does help, but I can usually tell when my sled is faster or if I'm going backwards...

I remember feeling how 2 strokes seemed to wake up on - 20 days compared to 5 above. I suppose 3 HP might feel like that. Maybe I will get a hedder pipe to go with my MBRP pipe for this year. New clutch springs, weights, and buttons would probably be a good idea. I have new Avid drivers and I'm getting the track reclipped and restudded.

i have the mbrp on my nytro and it sounds awesome compared to stock, makes it sound more like a two stroke with a can. i'm just looking at putting a header on it as well and mbrp told me that there's could be used with the can and a tuner is not required.

be carefull I hear the nytro is verry sensitive to changes in back pressure. They sometimes dont like the change and start to give people some slight hessatation.

I know this thread is old and it's early in the year but I am interested in adding a header this year. I have the MBRP slip on so I am thinking I will go with the header, has anyone installed one yet? Opinion?

I started my sled yesterday and I think my exhaust doughnuts are bad, does the MBRP header do without these?

radianguy said:
I know this thread is old and it's early in the year but I am interested in adding a header this year. I have the MBRP slip on so I am thinking I will go with the header, has anyone installed one yet? Opinion?

I started my sled yesterday and I think my exhaust doughnuts are bad, does the MBRP header do without these?

Nope, MBRP uses donuts.

Yep, Hurricane sells'em. Hindle should have info on it this fall as last season was a limited production run....things are changeing at the shop this season, new designer, in house dyno and I'm thinking they will be providing maps for their systems....but I don't wanna hijack this thread so I'll leave it at that, pm me if you wanna know more.

Back