• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extending to 144

fsusledder

In order to do this extension, what needs to be done other then swapping out the track, adding the rail extensions and putting it back together?

New hyfax, tunnel extension, prefeerably an extra set of wheels at the tip-up if you choose that style of rail extensions, possibly drivers depending on track choice :)

Go with a 19T top sprocket and get extroverts if its in your budget. They aren't necessary but nice to have.

I think Matt is referring to drivers. Extrovert drivers not only grab the centre lugs on tracks, but have teeth going out that grab the windows also. Extra grip to prevent ratcheting if you are an aggressive driver.

Attachments

• extrovert.jpg
    extrovert.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 79
Remember if you go with the extrovert drivers get a fully clipped open window track and not one with only every third window punched out!

If I may ask, newbee here. If I do the 144' extension on an 2008 Nytro, what other wheels or additional wheels should I install, and company to buy from. One last thing, I keep reading about relocation kit; is it necessary?

The Excell X wheels are a good wheel to go with, you can buy them directly from Excell or from Barn of Parts (Hibshman25 is his username here, great guy to deal with). They can set you up with replacement wheels for your stockers plus a spare set of mounts and wheels. Relocation kit is not necessary at all, but has positive reviews on this site since it changes your track approach angle and has some other benefits which I don't fully understand. You could do a 136" extension with the Star relocate kit and get your 144" track. Or you could just go with a 144" extension kit.

all good answers here though threw experience I would buy a 136" extension for 8" wheels and the Star Suspension relocation kit as to move the suspension back 3.5 inches extrovert drivers, (4) 8" rear wheels and Excell skid wheels with an extra set near the rear if u use a tipped up rail also use DuPont sliders ( hifax). If you have the 2008 style tunnel you will have to purchase a aftermarket tunnel extension. If you have a 2009 SE with tipped up tunnel you can purchase the XTX tunnel extension and rear bumper.

I just extended my 08 to 144'' used track usa tipped rail extensions, got a tunnel extension from Travis at barn full of parts from a right on XTX and he also sold me an extra set of idlers I installed at the tip in the extensions, can't wait to ride it!!

NH Vmax I would suggest you buy a support rod that can be attached between the rail extensions so that the rails don't twist. If you loose a bearing on one of the outside wheels the track could catch the adjuster and you will have twisted rails. Cheap insurance!

Back