• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extending track on 09 153

froines

I am thinking about putting a better powder track on the 09 Nytro and considering going to 162. Do I need to extend the tunnel? Can I just extend the rails? And, how much longer will the extended track (and possible the tunnel) make the sled? thanks.

Upgrading your track will make a big difference, the I really think the Nytro NEEDS a 162" track to work well in the powder.

The tunnel will work fine with a 162" track. The snow flap has never rubbed on the track on mine.

The cheapest route is to buy a set of rail extensions.

The expensive/best route is to buy a set of ice age 162 rails.

I went even cheaper than the cheapest route and found a set of used rail extensions. So far they have held up great.

Where your tunnel isn't getting extended your sled really won't get longer but there will roughly be 4" more track in contact with the ground.

-Justin

I did tracksusa with a new track they give you extensions for $99. Great deal. Mine have held up perfect.

I did the same on my old Nytro. Went with the OFT extensions and no need to extend the tunnel as stated. I never had an issue either.

Added a pic as well. This is my 09 153. I had the OFT extension on and then ended up mounting a 162 SE skid in it. This is the stock tunnel with the 162 skid. Gives you an idea of the overall length and how well it fits in the stock 153 tunnel.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 234

Back