• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Accident on the Vector

sorry but,that was cool ;)! was that a helmet cam?i wish that was the worst crash i had on my rx :shock:

The rider who hit you had his brake hand in the air when he should be covering his brakes. You think that is cool?

Lights are on, nobody home.

So the guy following I noticed already had a bump on his sled, is this common practice with him? You guys may want to try following a little closer from here on out as maybe he can just run ya over next time out. lol, keep it safe guys and keep a little distance between ya. I am amazed at the groups I come across that are riding in each others dust about 20 ft apart doing up to 40 mph, yes that is slow but at that speed the leader panics and the rest plow into him. We ride about 200 ft back or more depending on conditions, I guess that is one thing nice about communicators you don't have to have a group all bunched up to make sure all is well. Good investment.

Whoever was the guy who rearended that dude should quit snowmobiling. I mean why would anybody take their hand off the brake while other sleds pass. Did anyone have to go to the hospital from that horrendous crash?

Thumper1000 said:
So the guy following I noticed already had a bump on his sled, is this common practice with him? You guys may want to try following a little closer from here on out as maybe he can just run ya over next time out. lol, keep it safe guys and keep a little distance between ya. I am amazed at the groups I come across that are riding in each others dust about 20 ft apart doing up to 40 mph, yes that is slow but at that speed the leader panics and the rest plow into him. We ride about 200 ft back or more depending on conditions, I guess that is one thing nice about communicators you don't have to have a group all bunched up to make sure all is well. Good investment.

I agree. Why the hell would anybody ride that close together? The hand off the brake is not the problem here. Following 10 feet away is the problem.

1. Yes it was me in the Video.
2. I was riding close and going slow messing around with the camera to get interesting video footage (We have computer nuts in our group who make a year end DVD ever year - sort of a personal slednecks, but much less octane. It keeps us satisfied over the summer.).
3. I was signaling at the two ups coming at us that there were others around the turn behind me as they were all over the trail.
4. The existing ding on the hood was crate damage - it came from the dealer that way and he knocked about $2,000 off list for it.
5. All that was damaged was the taillight of the sled in front. (How much damage can you have going <10 mph).
6. The video was created with a Sony Cybershot Digital Camera, the waterproof, crack resistant marine pack, and a mounted tripod.
7. You guys are harsh... The video is meant to be enjoyed for its artistic quality, especially that the Vector looks pretty cool from that angle (Much better than the Arctic Cats that we have other footage of.)
8. I apologize if the footage offended anyone or if it implies that my group and I support unsafe trail riding.

Aside from that let the bashing contiue... :D

#*$&@ happen's we all make stupid mistakes.I have rolled a sled already going 10 mph.keep the footage coming.I thought it was pretty cool.If it offends people that you crashed they read the topic tiles and it's their choice to go under it or not.

Yup way to close. Remind me to ride behind you on the trails. LOL ride safe guys it makes it much more fun.

I still don't know how you can get a sled slowed even from 10 mph without your hand pulling on the brake lever. I think I'd choose getting stopped over signaling sleds behind, IMHO.

Back