• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First yamaha Phazer in csra Snocross Almost there new pics

Website
www.snowcross.com
justt thought id do my first build thread ever for anything. I will keep ading pcs the farther we get down the road it wont be any longer then 2 weeks tho. cheers and enjoy If anyone has any suggestions on mods then feel free to let me know. Im going to be using he phazer for only 3 or 4 races until they will allow me to advance to semi pro on a Nytro.
RacesledFinished005.jpg

RacesledFinished010.jpg

Racesledand09inventory285.jpg

Racesledand09inventory276.jpg

the phazer build is 80 percent there i will post some pics tommorow night

-All plastics have been painted white and yamaha team blue with proper krylon flex paint profesionally in th most well know body shop in the area

-new c&a pro skies
-Aftermarket Bar pad
-Acerbis Handguards
-camoplast Freeride track 1.5 with
-1.75 inch woodys studs
-Yamaha Race kit
-Yamaha fox floats revalved for my weight
-4th wheel kit
-extended snowflap custom made
-Tunnel Reinforcements
-Tunnel protectors
-Tether cord
-Yamaha replacement Alluminum Bumper
-Spedo Relocation Bracket (blue) from yamaha
-Rad guard
-Heavy duty updated fan for radiator
-Currently getting peiced fabricated to beef up where the front a arms meet.
-S**tload of practice on tracks staying side by side with riders in higher up classes on 440 bombs

- * TRYING TO FIND THE BEST CLUTCH KIT I CAN USE ON THE PHAZER FOR SNOWCROSS DONT CARE ABOUT HORSEPOWER. Also The best gearing.

Any info would be greatly appreciated And why not help out another yamaha fanatic Be Successfull :Rockon:

i like my ulmer primary kit myself. (spring and weights) you're building a race sled so I'd also coinsider a roller secondary. also if you want a bit more hp you should look at intake and exhaust setups. other then that it's sounding like it's going to be a pretty wild machine.

Can you supply us with the Yamaha part number for ordering the
Spedo Relocation Bracket (blue) from yamaha ?

Did you fabricate the Rad Protector? Or is this a purchased part from a supplier? Thanks in advance for your help. Good luck at Searchmont. Know those hills (or should I say slopes) very well.

What class will you race in with the mods you have done?

clutch spring is aloud to be changed legally,Track si aloud to be up to 1.75 inch lug and 2.0 inch stud legally it has to be made by camoplast, and yes we brough the question up last year at deerhurst for the 09 meeting also we have friends on the board of directors. . They said running a phazer is not an issue and they said they just thought it was a waste of time because its way under power.lol little do they know im running two seconds a lap faster on our track on my phazer then on my 07 mxz x 440 rs

You need to do something with stock drive sprockets if you haven't already- they strip out in the center. Don't know if it's legal for you but you can press Polaris drive sprockets onto your stock driveshaft. They are a little smaller ID and have steel collars on them. I also "pinned" sprocket to shaft by putting allen head set screws thru sprockets and against driveshaft. I think Yamaha has a replacement driveshaft for Phazers this year which should be legal
We were bending bottom of front arm in rear skid as the cross shaft isn't a full shaft, it has collars in the ends. We welded a piece of metal across tube on bottom of front arm to "gusset" it.
Freeride track was ISR approved for Phazer last year
add some air to front floats
rear shocks are way soft-Carver revalves them or Yamaha has some valving worked out for them if you're not getting the Fox shocks from them

update

so i am currently at the hotel of the first csra . The first day of racing went great for the yami , i raced 600 tp and 500 tp
i was third in the 600 class and had a bad holshot due to me being slow of the line in the 500 class but by the second lap i went from six to second and could not catch first i was held up. You will all be glad to know that i was jumping the good old blue bulet farther then every one else in the class and she was holding up just fine. Also last but not least i am going to be featred in the next issue of snomobiler magazine and on snowmobiler tv in mid feb. JUST WNTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW TO KEEP THE FAITH THE PHAZER is holding its own and is holshot capable . I will add pictures at the end of the weekend and all my results will be posted on csra wesite im number 274

and IRACE all the things you mentioned have be lready done and your corect with the rear arms they are usless stock learned tht in testing :)

Back