• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Floor protection and pattern for inline trailer

Snowaddict

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX-LE
TWITTER
mstahl88
I just purchased my first enclosed (non clam shell) trailer. It's a 7x19' (14' box and 5' V nose) Lightning inline trailer. Since you have to stagger the sleds to get them to fit, I'm wondering what type of positioning you use for floor protection. All my sleds are studded. So, first off any suggestions on type of protection itself? And what pattern would you use? Seems like trying to lay down ski guides side by side and 2 middle traction mats would be too much and awkward. What are any of the rest of you using for inlines? Any pics would be great as well. Thanks in advance.

Check this post out for what I used. Someone else had posted a question about floor protection for their snowmobile trailer...

I have another question: what is the best way to load two 137" (Sidewinder LTX and a Viper LTX) sleds in this trailer? Will they fit going in from the rear ramp first or do you have to load from the front ramp? I didn't necessarily plan on using the front ramp much, but have seen some posts saying people are using it to load.

I guess it will depend if you need the V-nose portion of your trailer to get the last sled in. I always load mine from the front side and exit out the rear. For example, in order to get three long tracks in my 7.5'x21' (16' box and 5' V nose) R&R inline trailer, I need to utilize the 5' of V nose. And since its a V shape area, the rear of the track fits much better in this area than loading from the rear and trying to squeeze the front of the sled in the V nose area. When I'm just loading two sleds, there is plenty of room to load from the front or the rear. But regardless of which direction I load them, I always use both the front and rear ramp doors rather than reversing the sled out the trailer.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob. Appreciate the responses. Still trying to figure some things out with this thing and want to make sure I take care of it and use it most efficiently. I actually have a 3rd sled that doesn't get used much and really struggled on deciding on what length to go with. Go to know that a 21' would house 3. Never know what the future might hold for an upgrade.

20220318_134614_copy_800x600.jpg
20220318_134529_copy_800x600.jpg

Back