• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Former '03 Owners....are the '04s worth it?

All of the recent threads regarding problems or dislikes with the RX1 and RX1 Warrior ride quality takes me back to last year when all of us '03 owners were complaining about the same issues :cry:

I know several gents who sold or traded-in their '03 for an '04 that was suppose to eliminate all of these problems with the longer links, sway bar change and adjustable rear shocks.

To me....it does not appear that these changes have made a difference based upon the recent posts :shock:

The one change that has seem to make a difference is the ripsaw.

Changes

Most of the changes are transparent to the rider. With the exception of the links and the rear shocks, you woudn't really notice them. The 11mm bar wasn't enough and we knew that last year. I don't hear too many complaints about the rear yet. So I am not sure what you are looking for. Alot of the changes were improvements that will work better over time. The handle bar warmer temp thing would be the most noticeable to me. Was it worth upgrading for the $? To me it wasn't so I didn't. I already had the 12mm bar and the links and Ohlin shocks, so there was no point. Besides I put the money into the Turbo, now that was worht the $$. Anybody on the fence about getting a Turbo, don't be. It is unbelievable.

For what it's worth here is my opinion on 03's and 04's...with 2 strokes it actually made sense to upgrade every couple of years or so especially if you did high mileage. Basically a 2 stroke motor degrades much more quickly than a 4 so you really needed to keep on top of things.

With these 4 strokes the motors will last MUCH longer so I don't feel I can justify trading up as much (I traded up every year except this one) Why trade up for realtively "minor" enhancements. Right now, I don't mind putting extra $$ into this sled as I know it will last me a long time. I don't feel the upgrade from 03 - 04 is really worth it (financially speaking) The nice part about my sled is that after a year of riding I can easily jump back on it this season knowing that it's already set-up perfectly for my style and the motor is just getting stronger as it is still not FULLY broken in.

For me....Only BIG changes will warrant a trade...(Major Suspension AND EFI AND More Power)....but heck when I can buy an ECP filter kit for $175 and gain an honest 12HP (SAFELY), new shocks etc. for much less than switching sleds will become a much more thought out descision for me.

You actually lose alot of time as well as $$$ getting your stock sled ready to go...we all know with a new sled comes studs, WORK, new clothing (Dan :lol: ) as well as a bunch more other stuff as well as time to get used to and fine tune the sled.

I was just curious Buck...

I actually had the same thought process as you. I put my money into a turbo and straight rate springs because I too did not think the changes were worth the loss I would have taken selling my '03 :wink:

If you own a 03 and are happy with the ride... then dont trade ,,, just do the updates to the front suspension!!

But i will tell you the rear suspension rides as good as any sled i have ever ridin ( other makes) Sucks up the bumps and rides awsome!!

Seat is softer... engine is the same....

If i owned a 03 would probobly install a M-10 or expert... But thats me!!

Ride is KEY to me!! :D

Trade

It is such a nice sled,why trade? Plus I like have the first Limited Edition Model. To me the downfalls were minor and easily corrected. For a lot less $$ than trading after 1 year. Either way it is the best sled out there, with huge potential.

I would LOVE a Turbo! Hey guys.....question :?: Would a TURBO be good for long saddle bag days or is it really more for a twisty trail rider who is ON/OFF on the flipper?

Wonder....CPR's Turbo and I would assume MC Express as well can be used for the saddle bag day trips :D

I guess I'll just have to ride one that's all! You know something....if these Turbo Manufacturers set up "Demo Days" on some lake somewhere they would probably sell a ton of these things...!

I don't give a crap about #'s....seat of the pants is what I am looking for so let me ride one and if I like it I'll buy it :p :p

Turbos

If you ride one, you will have to have one. :lol:

This Warrior isn't even the same animal/ It's so much better/ the only thing I do agree on is the link thing/ things are improved in that area but still need a little work/ as for the rest of the isssues this sleds a winner/ I'm so glad I traded/ no more shortty's for old jim-bob/ later

Jim-Bob, I was up in your neck of the woods over the weekend. I got to put the first miles on my Warrior on Saturday. Only did about 60 miles but I'm loving it so far. How many miles have you got on yours so far. How do's it compair to the shortie in the deep snow.

Well yes it snowed three feet but the next day it rained so we only had about 12-15 inches of base snow/ all I can say is the riding was the stuff dreams are made of/when we got on the logging roads where no one had been( there are about a 1000 miles of them) It was just unbelievable the riding was perfect and this sled is AWESOME it handled very well the ride was excellent and the response from the engine was flawless/ got another two feet of snow Monday but it's raining as I type/ I hope we're left with 20-26 inches of base/ it's supose to snow about 4 inches at the end of this rain/ any time you want an up date on conditions contact me at moxierollins@prexar.com / that goes for anyone else who's planning to ride the area/ later

Sorry I didn't answer your question/ I've only got about 90 miles so far/ What snow I've had it in it's far superior to the shortie/ later

Back