• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox float in rear susp

yamahahaapex

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just picked up a kit to exchange to a float and they are talking about a lever on the rails that holds the shock and straps. They say to move this lever forward and drill new holes....this lever...is that what the shock is bolted on to which is then wrapped around the rail? If that makes any sense at all lol. Thanks

Would love to hear what you think of it after you try it. Thinking of doing it to mine in hopes of less wheelies.

Well gotta wait till monday or tuesday. Snapped a scissor strap in half so my sled is sagging all the way to the ground now. Gotta phone them monday and figure out what went wrong.

Rode last weekend...I must say what a difference. I am 210lb and I was jumping the odd approach so getting at least 4' of air or more and never bottomed out once! I opted not to get the resevoirs and try it out this way. Max psi is 150 and I got it set at 135. It's good but a bit stiff for me as it doesnt quite soak up all the bumps due to the high pressure.(You can run 120psi). There is minimal sag at 135psi. I found that across some 1-1.5' moguls it really shines. You can just fly across them. I also got a bud that is about 240lb and installed a kit last weekend, yet to hear how it went, and if he bottoms out. So all in all i'm impressed with it but just gotta bring the psi down a bit so it doesnt buck me off when I choose to sit down going across a drifted field.

I mounted an ohlins shock on mine. But what I'm missing is the front shock. It really sucks, because in sharp bumps the front of the skid bottoms out, not the rear. Have you noticed this too?

No pics but I could prob snap some. The lever still pivots but you have to undo the rod that its mounted to on the rails and punch two holes on both rails and move the rod up 0.7" to make it work. If you dont you will have problems. The shock does allow you to remove the springs but thats your call. If you want to save another 3lbs by removing the springs you can do that. Or keep the springs in there if ever the shock was to fail you could limp it home riding on the springs. I weighed it out and with the springs and fox shock you can potentially save just over 7lbs.

I was looking at that also but will have to wait and measure it up when they come out. If not might be worth finding a pull off after there out.

Back