• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fraying limiter straps on 07 Venture GT ?!(PICS ADDED)

kyzer said:
When the back end is in the air the track has about 1"- 1.25" sag in the middle ( closer to back)...Just keep an eye on it , make sure there is no abnormal wear on the inside of the track.............

With no weight on it right? Just the normal sag?

06 Venture track tension

I found the factory specs. too tight which caused my hyfax to wear out rapidly, had to change the Venture at 2000 mi. and my Vector at 1000 mi.. The factory specs. call for 1-3/16" to a maximum of 1-3/8" drop with 22-1/2 lbs. pull or weight at the center of the track, on 06 ventures and Vectors. I measure distance from the top edge of the track to the bottom edge of the hyfax, with the track pulled down.

On my Venture I leave 1-1/2" to 1-9/16" opening with 22 lbs. If I go anymore, the track sags a lot and is dragging on the two guide bars located on the forward upper end of the suspension, so I don't go any more. This has reduced my hyfax wear quite a bit. Also note, the sliders on the Venture seem to wear down a lot at first and then the rate of wear seems to slow down quite a bit.

On the Vector, useing the same method, I'm running 1-3/4" drop and that seems to work well. A friend is running 2" on his Vector with no problems.

Well
Tested it and there was much less vibration but it is still there. Much less track howl as well although it seems worst at around 32mph and isn't bad at around 41 or so. I may have stopped the lugs from hitting the limiter strap cross member but still have some "train style" howl from the track. It might just be quiter because of the new hyfax.
I think i am going to loosen up the track some more to see how that works as far as howl goes.
Is it really obvious when your track starts ratcheting?

Venture track ratcheting

I wondered the same thing, that is; how can you tell if your track is ratcheting? And if it does, will it damage the lugs? I have heard however, that if your track is too loose the track can ride off sideways over the sliders and lock up. This can happen when taking a hard, fast turn. So with this in mind, I'm staying on the conservative side as far as track tension goes. A set of sliders is a lot cheaper than a new track or other suspension parts.

Venture2

The only time you can really hear or feel your track ratching is in deep snow where the track spins.. If you are able find some nice dep stuff and give it a good shot on the throttle ... Yes you can do damage to your track if it's too loose, but it has to be really loose for that to happen...I always keep an eye on the inside guide lugs to see if there is any wear on them, that will tell you if you are running too loose..If you see wear on the inside lugs you know your track is wandering on the suspension....SRXROB i think you are in the right direction maybe loosen it a bit more ...I will try to post some pics later to show you how loose I run mine ...

Back