• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front end widening kit

myyamaha

Extreme
I have a attak and thinking of doing the wide end kit I bent my A arm so I am really thinking of getting this kit would do U guys think and is there anyone on here that has them?

Make sure you will still be able to fit in your trailor side by side with another sled. Gets pretty tight.

How well do the kits make the sleds handle? I can get creative with the trailering issue, but if it makes the sled handle noticibly better, I'm all for it!

pioneer kit

Here's my Apex with the pioneer kit, handles like a slot car.

Attachments

• wide.JPG
    wide.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 167
  • wide1.JPG
    wide1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 133
You will like it. Not only will you get the extra stability (don't forget the swaybar), but more suspension travel, too... up to 12" if you get longer shocks.

Works awesome, put a Pioneer Performance one on a Nytro and an Attak, works great on both, much more stable and the bigger swaybar is a definite yes.

You won't be sorry.

Put the Pioneer kit on my Attak last season. The spans just aren't strong enough. The A-arms bent more each time out. Lasted about 1000 miles then I went back to stock. They look like the rails on an old rocking chair. :die Expensive experiment.

That's the pioneer wide kit in my Avatar. When I posted that pic (larger) on another thread you could see the bend in the left lower. :o|
I beleive stock is 42.5. The pioneer wide kit took it to 45.

i have had the same results with the 45" wide front end from Pioneer, they are acutally made by Mountain Performance who advertises the 45" kit for trail sleds but then when you talk to them about it they say it wasnt designed for trail riding. Conclusion, dont by the wide front end it is a $500 expiriment at best.

If you are an aggressive rider and like to pound the mouguls or do some off trail jumping.I highly reccomend you stay with the stock a-arms.
Been there done that.

When I ordered the wide a-arm kit for my Apex this fall Bruce from Pioneer told me that there were two different wall thicknesses available. I wonder if the guys who've been having problems with bent Pioneer a-arms have the thinner gauge a-arms? He told me that there hadn't been any reports of bending on the thicker ones.

Back