• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel injection Vs Carburator

Matfarsan

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha Venture RS
Whats the pros and cons between the 2008 Venture that has carburator and the 2009 with fuel injection?
Is it worth much more money to get a engine that has injection or will I notice alot difference when driving?

You'll have to do some research, as those snowmobiles aren't the same at all.
2008 RS Venture vs 2009 RS Venture GT are totally different sleds.

Owning Vectors with both engines, I can tell you this...

The difference in throttle response & overall power between the two engines is noticeable, but not huge.

Cold starting ease is better with FI. The carbed starts fine, just gotta babysit the choke for a few minutes.

The carbed engine WILL dry up after sitting only a few days, week tops. Making it a bastard to start, usually resulting in pulling the airbox lid & giving the carbs a shot of aerosol carb cleaner to get the engine fired.

Fuel mileage is actually better with the carb engine.

Both are proven dead nuts reliable, but for ease of consumer use, FI engine wins hands down.

You will wanna update the fuel pump relay to the red solid state one though. The old ones can get moisture build up and freeze, resulting in a non start on a bitter cold day.

Thanks alot for the answers.
Roger! I know there is alot difference between those two but the Q was just between carb and fi and the difference.
I just sold my 2006 and is about to buy the 2009 venture.

I had a 2008 Venture, the motor went in the first year, and was going again in 2012, so I traded it on a GT.
Motorsports World in Ottawa just kept adjusting the carbs, to compensate for a defective engine! When I told them to keep the sled, because it was a POS, they actually figured out the engine was pooched.
They never did give me any money back though, for all their mis-diagnoses!
When the engine wasn't pooched, the original Venture always started properly, even when sitting for a month.
The GT battery failed after 2 years, huge job to change that! Stupid Yamaha engineers.
My GT now has copper exhaust donuts, another stupid Yamaha engineering fault, and I've had to get my exhaust rewelded, everywhere.
I think my Carb got better mileage than my GT, and the power steering is nice.
22500Km on the GT, and still going strong

Back