• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel mileage update

apexhank

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 SIDEWINDER LTX GT (soon)!
2019 SIDEWNDER LTX DX 6000 miles
2018 VIPER LTX DX 2200 miles
2014 VIPER LTX DX 8000 + miles
2014 BENNINGTON 22 ft. PONTOON BOAT/ 90 HP Yamaha
I just purchased a new '11 VECTOR LTX GT, and I'm looking for feedback about MPG /fuel injected 3 cylinder engines. :moon:

13 to 16, Some riders are claiming more , but i am getting aeound 13-14
There is a whole post on this topic. The numberds are all over the place.

2012 LTX 14mpg with 400 miles on it. Totally depends on your riding style. Ride slow and easy and you will get 18 or more.

This seems less then the carb motors??

I get 15 riding my carb version pretty hard 18-20 just cruising

What's the point of the injection if the mpg isnt higher?

srvfan

no gummed up carbs, easier starting, no threat of vapor lock just a couple reasons for FI, and ten more horses ;>)

Also, this is a different motor. The prior Vector's had the 973cc carb, the fuelie is a 1049 cc motor. It was also repositioned a bit in the sled which really helped the handling.

JMHO

Neal

Re: srvfan

nealchick said:
no gummed up carbs, easier starting, no threat of vapor lock just a couple reasons for FI, and ten more horses ;>)

Also, this is a different motor. The prior Vector's had the 973cc carb, the fuelie is a 1049 cc motor. It was also repositioned a bit in the sled which really helped the handling.JMHO

Neal
I wasn't aware of that one, where did you read that?

(I am averaging 17-20mpg CDN easily with my 08)

Re: ...

nealchick said:
http://www.snowmobile.com/manufacturers/yamaha/2010-yamaha-vector-ltx-gt-review-993.html

Thanks nealchick, good article ;)!

Just can't figure out why Yamaha would do away with the front clicker shox and the tunnel adjuster on the newer modles? :drink:

(Dumb move imo, and one that may possibly have me looking elsewhere when it comes time to upgrade?)

Back