• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture GT. Ontario License Plate Sticker Location

VentureFan

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 RS Venture GT
Hi Guys.

Purchased a 2011 Venture GT late summer. I bought it in Quebec, but live in Ontario, so... have to apply that big license plate sticker somewhere on it or aftermarket numbers.

Just wanted to get some feedback from owners on where they applied them. There doesn't seem to be be any convenient locations to apply either the plate sticker, or after market numbers on the cowling anywhere. The only obvious locations are on the side of the fuel tank (yuck) or the tunnel.

Suggestions and pics appreciated, and thanks.

Hi Guys.

Purchased a 2011 Venture GT late summer. I bought it in Quebec, but live in Ontario, so... have to apply that big license plate sticker somewhere on it or aftermarket numbers.

Just wanted to get some feedback from owners on where they applied them. There doesn't seem to be be any convenient locations to apply either the plate sticker, or after market numbers on the cowling anywhere. The only obvious locations are on the side of the fuel tank (yuck) or the tunnel.

Suggestions and pics appreciated, and thanks.
Is this a blue machine?
On my sled I cut the numbers from the license plate sticker and put them on.

Canadians%20(4).jpg

above pic has where my # are on my apex's. i have custom #'s on mine and the mto lic sticker is on the left side of the sled. my brother had the mto supplied #'s on the side of the tunnel where the passeneger feet sit.

Did a little more research and discovered that the numbers have to be a specific size and placed in a certain location on the cowling. Which don't fit on a Venture cowling without putting them over existing decals. Also, from what I can tell, aftermarket stickers or the MTO sticker doesn't like the pebbly plastic lower down. But... according to what I found on the service Ontario website, it is legal to put them on the tunnel. See below from the Service Ontario website:

Attach the decal to each side of your snowmobile’s cowling or engine cover. It should be placed so that the start of the registration number is between 10 and 15 centimetres from the rear of the cowling. If the decal cannot be placed on the cowling because of the design of the vehicle, place the decal on each side of the tunnel, near the light reflector.

I know people have put them in other locations ( gas tank etc....) which 95% of the time doesn't cause an issue. I am just trying to avoid the hassle of the officer that is bored or having a bad day.....

Vinyl letters and Validation Sticker off to side. Stopped a few times and no issues.
License and sticker.JPG

Attachments

• Near CP 2009 RS Venture GT.JPG
    Near CP 2009 RS Venture GT.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 94
That's where mine is on both sides. Stopped several times, never an issue. A cop to actually pull a measuring tape and check would be nitpicking really.IMG_20190210_181452_resized483353784419789108.jpg

That's where mine is on both sides. Stopped several times, never an issue. A cop to actually pull a measuring tape and check would be nitpicking really.View attachment 164439
I agree. The police really don't care where or in what format the numbers are in, but they do want the plate sticker on the driver's left side near the numbers.

Back