• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Mileage

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
Any one tell me MPG on their vipers and how far you can go on a tank of gas? Thanks.

Were averging 30 liters per 160 km. that's with a turbo, I have no doubt 130 miles to a tank or more.

I have recorded 15.6 on one tank I checked and 14.5 on another. The higher was with less miles on the sled (about 200) but riding with a group that rides very slow. The seconds was on a semi aggressive trail ride with about 500 miles. You should get at least 140 miles out of a tank. Like others have said on other thread, fill your tank to the top and then gently stand on the rear bumper...this will "burp" your tank and fill an air pocket under the seat. After doing this you can fit another 1/2-3/4 of a gallon.

i saw 12 during break in and now get 13 to 14. i tend to ride hard and see the fuel light come on after 110 to 120 miles and takes 8.5 to 9 gal to fill.

Getting 13 with 150 miles on the sled. Wondering if a clutch kit will help both performance and mpg?

checked mine the other day. very loose conditions for 1/2 and groomed for 1/2 got 14.89.mpg that was at around 400 miles

HighBrass said:
I have recorded 15.6 on one tank I checked and 14.5 on another. The higher was with less miles on the sled (about 200) but riding with a group that rides very slow. The seconds was on a semi aggressive trail ride with about 500 miles. You should get at least 140 miles out of a tank. Like others have said on other thread, fill your tank to the top and then gently stand on the rear bumper...this will "burp" your tank and fill an air pocket under the seat. After doing this you can fit another 1/2-3/4 of a gallon.

owners manual warns about gasoline's ability to expand as it warms, says not to intentionally overfill as it can cause tank damage.

irish_redneck said:
HighBrass said:

owners manual warns about gasoline's ability to expand as it warms, says not to intentionally overfill as it can cause tank damage.

Interesting point, never looked at it that way. What about when the gas gets very cold? I've noticed that if I have my plastic gas jug on the back of my truck overnight when it's empty it will suck the sides right in. Never thought about it in an actual gas tank. Certainly off topic but certainly would be a good precaution to not fill the tanks completely full..i guess it makes sense that if the tank was designed that way it's prolly for good reason.

sk-rx1 said:
Getting 13 with 150 miles on the sled. Wondering if a clutch kit will help both performance and mpg?

Same as me. Hoping it gets better to 15mpg as sled breaks in.

Back