• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuelpunp failure?

hooper

Expert
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
ZR9000
Problems to start motor.
This thing refuses to crank over.Starts for ONE second an then dies . whats the problem?With or without choke.same thing.
ALL connections are at places ,hoses at specific right places,never changed
Battery changed since july,when totaly went dead.

For now :new battery,cranks over, starts for one sec. and then dies,could it be the fuelpump or what?
Fuelfilters OK,no restrictions what so ever.

Some guys here talks about cdi-box failure.
I wouldn know ,this s a 4banger,is it the same?

Suggestions?
ps: I have a full tank of gas.

unlikely that fuel pumps are dead... fuel pump could just be dry.... plugs could be fouled... gas could have gone bad...

i had similar symptoms, so i put a couple shots of fuel (new) in each cylinder along with new plugs to get mine going (couldnt tell ya which one worked but it started :roll: )... another guy blew :lol: into his gas tank... nk ...to help prime the fuel pumps... :wink: after it had been sitting all summer and that worked (wish blackjohn would have told me he was going to do that.... i would have taken pictures :lol: )

Went to my dealer with the sled.After several hours they found the problem.The fuelhose INSIDE the gastank was totaly disintegrated :shock: Ever heard of this?

Fuel hose

No, I was thinking of changing mine as it doesn't seem to be long enough to sit on the bottom of the tank, which would not allow you to use all the fuel if you needed it. My hoses looked fine when I switched gas tanks. May be your gas has some additive that caused this?

Buckeye I thought the same thing when I pulled out the hose it seems to be a little short that's why I keep at least 3 gal. of gas in the tank when racing.

:lol: Nope.nothing else but premium 98 oct,as I found out,the same as
your 93 oct fuel.
US 89 oct = 95 oct in Europe.
US: (RON + MON)/2
Europe :RON

Back