• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Fuel Range after break-in (500 Miles)

What's Your Range per Tank? (after break-in)

• 80+ Miles (128KM)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 90+ Miles (144KM)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 100+ Miles (160KM)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • 110+Miles (177KM)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Same/better than my buddies in the same conditions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have about 1300 miles on now, did my first oil change at around 495. I have been getting like everyone else between 14.5 and 16.5 depending on the type of riding. I ride with 2 F8's and a 600 Fusion and I am always 2 to 2.5 gallons less per ride than them filling up a full tank. They do have 4 more gallons capacity above me so minus the 2.5 they still can go a lot farther than me. When I dont ride with them at WFO all the time, I go out with family I get more like 16.5 so it's definitely possible just not realistic all the time. I will take the compromise of 14.5 though and be able to rip my buddies out of the hole and make them try to catch up with me. :Rockon:

My last tank in the Bancroft, Ontario area had 160.8 KM on the trip when I stopped. It hadn't run out but it would not have made 165. All week I had no issues with obtaining fuel before the light came on, I just tried to run it out on the last ride to see how far I could get. Trails were 50% rail trail(avg 80KPH cruising) and 50% medium twisty. ODO at 1700KM now.

On a 90KM ish gas stop, the sleds would take approx:
08 FX Nytro MTX-$15
06 Vector GT-$12
07 Vector GT-$13
03 RX-1-$17
0? Doo 600SDI-$12.50

Just did a roundtrip from Sault Ste. Marie to Wawa, averaged around 17 mpg north and this was with 120 miles on the sled. On the return, got around 18 mpg, this was with ALOT of WOT on the return and some seriously big moguls at around 45 mph.

When I 1st bought it I was getting approx 10 mpg and now I am averaging 16 -17 mpg with a lot of WOT seems to get the best gas milage between 50 - 70 MPH. Love this machine!!!! Oh yeah I have 1300 miles on her.

I got 105 miles, the light came on around 95 miles. Then when I filled up it only took 6.2 gallons. So I figure 120 miles is no problem. I do about 70 mph on the trails, and 80+ when I can. I'm thinking I should get better miles soon as I get the frontend 100% dialed in.

Yamloyal said:
I got 105 miles, the light came on around 95 miles. Then when I filled up it only took 6.2 gallons. So I figure 120 miles is no problem. I do about 70 mph on the trails, and 80+ when I can. I'm thinking I should get better miles soon as I get the frontend 100% dialed in.

How many miles on your sled? I got the same results as you with My Wife's Nytro.

Crewchief47 said:
Just curious what the mob is getting? I'll delete any negative/bashing/whining posts, just trying to gather info. I ran out with my MTX during the Muni ride at 138 KM (about 85Miles) but the sled has only 450KM on it yet and we were playing around off and on trail. I can remember starting to get nervous on my Exciter SX when I hit the 90 Mile mark but it never stranded me. I expect that this sled will fall into that catagory, at least untill I change the gearing.

Please refrain from voting untill you have reached the 500 mile point, you can always come back later to submit your vote.
I hear ya, I ran my MTX out at 78.9 miles with the low elevation set-up.

jds1000 said:
How many miles on your sled? I got the same results as you with My Wife's Nytro.

Now I have only 750 miles on the sled. I bought it last month. When I got that mpg it had about 400 miles on it. I'm still getting the same if not better. Sundays trip was alot of tight woods trails, then WOT. So I did not bother to figure that out, but I was still happy with it.

GT44 said:
I have 2200km on mine now and I can honestly say fuel range is not an issue with me. The guys I ride with are always looking for fuel before me, including a 07 600sdi and 08 800XP, so I don't worry about it. Best I have ever done is 102km to 13.5 liters, the worst I have ever done is 130km to 24 liters.

Why would 2 guys who get nearly the same mileage (600SDI and 800R) and have 3 more gallons in their tank look for gas before you? They'll go at least 30-40 miles farther than a Nytro on a tank of gas.

I'd like to take a look at a Nytro for next year, but find worrying about gas at 100 miles unacceptable.

?

Maybe because in 40 miles there wont be another gas station?? 100 miles to the tank and you are concerned? Guys with 38-40 L tanks are running low at 160 kms! You got to fill up whenever u can on the trails or u may find yourself in trouble. I dont see the big deal with the fuel thing. even if it means topping up when u got 10-12 L left. We normally do loops so i guess it depends on the type of riding u do,if your going from destination A to destination B i can see it would be an issue.

600 sdi can stretch out a tank of fuel if they take it easy, as in 60-70km/h on a groomed trail. Play around at all or try to keep up to a bigger sled in the hills and it likes its fuel. The 800XP, well 2 of my friends have them, and one of the key features in buying the sled was 20mgp claimed by brp. They are both very disappointed, neither sled has ever come close to that.
When I was looking at my nytro, I think it said on the Yamaha BLOG site not to worry about the 28l tank it will go as far as comparable snow machines, and it is true. I went for my last ride May 1 ( got to love Lewis Hills in Western Newfoundland ) and it was the same as every other ride this year, when the guys with the 40L tanks were out, I was down to my last bar on the fuel gauge. In fact a 600 polaris Iq even ran out before we got back to the trucks. I have gone on trips expecting fuel to be an issue and it never was, not once this year was my nytro the first sled looking for fuel.

my vote should not count :) as I have the trail tanker @ 10+ gallons...

but I am somewhere around 8-9 mpg in WOT deep powder Mountain riding...

Have never had a ride that was over 80 miles....but 60 miles in the mountains is WAYYYYY different than 60 miles on trail...

Back