• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro MTX SE from a DIE HARD CAT GUY'S POV

NyTrOMaNIaC

TY 4 Stroke Master
I posted this in the General forum already, but just had to put it here as well because it's a monumental event for me, and of course, Yamaha. This guy is as much a die hard cat guy as they come, so for him to say the words in the video is stating what I thought was impossible unless he was drugged or offered green jello for dessert :-o Sorry for the poor video quality and length, I was just after doing some boondocking in the clearcut area myself, and my adrenaline was still flowing :Rockon:

Enjoy, and feel free to comment. ;)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn48J6kIRU8

;)!

You can lead a horse to water..... ;):D

Looks like you got him to take a drink.

Did you get the shocks working the way you wanted?

Blue Kool-Aid for everyone.

scmurs

philsummers21 said:
Id like to ride one of the new ones and see how it compares to the 08/09s

I'll let you ride mine. Gonna try and hit the Southern Horns this winter at some point. I did put the 2.5" CE track on and "touched up" the clutching so it runs right.

Let me know if you can go to the south side and I will try to firm up some dates.

Scott

Don't be like that i love my nytro just stock its very under powered and i don't have the $$$ for a turbo or all of these fancy timbersled parts plus all the guys i ride with all have cats or doos and after the weekend i had with it almost being stuck in a valley over night because the only way out was a steep hill with couple feet of powder on it which the nytro could not make it up without getting stuck and trenching if it wasn't for the cat guys coming along after 4 hours i'd still be in there.

nytro7c said:
Don't be like that i love my nytro just stock its very under powered and i don't have the $$$ for a turbo or all of these fancy timbersled parts plus all the guys i ride with all have cats or doos and after the weekend i had with it almost being stuck in a valley over night because the only way out was a steep hill with couple feet of powder on it which the nytro could not make it up without getting stuck and trenching if it wasn't for the cat guys coming along after 4 hours i'd still be in there.

You cannot under-estimate the improvement that a Timbersled rear skid and a good track will make on a Nytro MTX. It really isn't that under-powered. It just doesn't put the power to the ground. Add a good clutching set-up and you probably won't even recognize it anymore. The $$$ hit you take on selling it to buy an M8 would probably more than pay for those mods. Plus, with the Yammi, there's the "no-chain-saw-smell", the reliability and all of the hot girls coming your way.

;)!

I wonldn't be talking money hit on it i payed like 8 grand for it and i sell it for 6 or 7 no big deal to me and i already have a left over 08 M8 lined up for 7 still in the crate with 2 year warranty so no real loss.

Scmurs. I can make it to the southside anytime. Its only about 40miles from me. Even tho the North is SOO much better :) guessing your riding with moto. Let me know when your coming up. Hopefully tax return ill be getting a skid from you 2.

Nytro7c. I have a friend with an 08M8 full slp pipe, y pipe, can with i think like 600miles would probably trade you for your Nytro depending on miles and condition what not. Let me know if your interested.

Mtdream. I know i do. I want it bad too.

well my nytro is in mint condition and less than 500km's on it and i also live in canada way in the north shipping the sled wouldn't be an issue just probaly cost alot.

nytro7c said:
Makes me laugh i have my 2008 nytro mtx for sale right now so i can go buy an M8

2008 and 2010 MTX is a totally different sled. The refinements and changes made to the 2010 are reported to make this sled what it should have been from the start. Don't give up yet, put some mods into your 08 or move up to a 2010 and never second guess your decision again. Good Luck ;)!

Back