• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Vent Kit

nick15344

I have been patiently waiting for Yamaha to post a picture of their FX Nytro Vent Kit (Part # SMA-8GL26-PT-00) and as of yet they have not. Does anyone have a picture of this vent kit or recommendations on some way to cover the air intakes to keep snow out but allow the air to flow.

pet screen from Home Depot..... just add it behind the current air vents and uses the same clips - cut it a bit long and use Gorilla tape to secure it all the way around... works and is a cheap solution.
If you are in the powder - you can also add it to the open spots just above and to the sides of the head light. Again just use Gorilla tape to secure it.

I did exactly as Stoli has suggested and rode out in MT for 3 days and had virtually no snow up front.

36" pet screen at local hardware store was like $15 for the entire role. WAY more than you'll ever need. So if there are a few guys, you can do the mode for literally a few dollars each. Worst case you're out $20 with a lot of left overs to do it over and over and over again if you choose to do so.

I just taped mine to the back side of the vents and also did the upper holes.

Behind the vents, from a slight distance you can't even tell it is there and I have my vents painted white too.

please post a pic, from the outside and the inside of whatever vents you used it on.'

thanks alot

I would but my sled is stuck in MT in a broken down trailer!

I put it on all the vents EXCEPT the ones right by the headlight.

The gorilla tape held up really well after the 3 days of riding where i did not need to reapply anything.

Thats definately a good suggestion stoli especially up by the headlights ;)!
So just pet screen?

yeah. You can find it at any local hardware/home depot/lowe's type place.

In the window screen area, sold in roles. It literally says "pet screen" right on the label.

When the guys go back out to get the trailer, we can have them take some pictures as well.

guys does this screen stuff still let the required amount of air travel through the sled for cooling purposes?????. i wouldn't want to run the engine too hot right???, also why did you NOT do the upper vents by the light?????, was it just too hard to keep it on there with gorilla tape/cold/etc....i cant believe yami didn't even put screen up there?????, it looks like they cheeped out big-time there.

thanks boys,

cant wait for the pics.

I used the pet screen on my viper and it worked great. I wanted something that looked a little better on my nytro so I went with the XXXModRod vent kit and I love it. He will build you any color combo and will put pre-filter on any vents you want, also easy to install.
DSC01368.jpg

A bit tough to tell in the second picture - but i have the ones near the head light covered with screen also and the gorilla tape works great. I am also running 2cool vents on the side panels. I recently added the IP vent from OFT - this single vent made the most difference IMO. Look at the last picture. When your running in powder and it is covered with snow - where can the heat escape. I couldnt believe the heat that was coming out. I didnt notice it while riding - not like there is so much that your goggle are fogging up or anything like that. But when I would stop i would toss my gloves up on the vent and it would warm them up.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

StoliDoli said:
A bit tough to tell in the second picture - but i have the ones near the head light covered with screen also and the gorilla tape works great. I am also running 2cool vents on the side panels. I recently added the IP vent from OFT - this single vent made the most difference IMO. Look at the last picture. When your running in powder and it is covered with snow - where can the heat escape. I couldnt believe the heat that was coming out. I didnt notice it while riding - not like there is so much that your goggle are fogging up or anything like that. But when I would stop i would toss my gloves up on the vent and it would warm them up.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

I have the side ones by my light covered, just not the one right down in front. I didn't have the energy the night I did it to get one to fit there and taped in good. It didn't seem to pose a problem though. When I get my sled back, I may still add it there as well.

as to the xxxmodrod vents...
one thing I learned the hard way ...after working with the outerwears prefilter material....this media only flows significant air with the aid of vacuum....like a carb or throttle body...static air pressure flow...especially oriented not directly into the air pressure (like my airbox lid mod on my apex) doesnt flow the air...

sj said:
as to the xxxmodrod vents...
one thing I learned the hard way ...after working with the outerwears prefilter material....this media only flows significant air with the aid of vacuum....like a carb or throttle body...static air pressure flow...especially oriented not directly into the air pressure (like my airbox lid mod on my apex) doesnt flow the air...

Yep,
You can blow through it but if you try to fan it slow it will build up some air. I only had it put on both shock tower vents, and the lower clutch side vent.

Back