• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

g-tech pro

backonblack

Has anyone hooked up 1 of theses to their sled and how did it work? Also how did it compare to radar. If anyone doesn't know what a g-tech is , it is a accellometer (? spelling). I gives 0 to 60 times, 1/4 mi times & speeds.

I have a TAZZO, Work's the same tho and seam's to be very consistant. Have not tried to check it with radar but have run it in my mustang and truck and is real closr to the speedo's. It is real sensative and any slight differance in hook up show's up real quick in the 0-60" times. I ran my Vector the other day and ran a 1.78 0-60, and 7.71 660" at 87.9 MPH with clutching frome CPR and gearing.

kviper said:
I have a TAZZO, Work's the same tho and seam's to be very consistant. Have not tried to check it with radar but have run it in my mustang and truck and is real closr to the speedo's. It is real sensative and any slight differance in hook up show's up real quick in the 0-60" times. I ran my Vector the other day and ran a 1.78 0-60, and 7.71 660" at 87.9 MPH with clutching frome CPR and gearing.

1.78 0-60 Maybe with a JATO attached! :ORC

I have g tech that ive used in my diesel truck(17.03 quarter ).

I wonder if the wieght tranfer on the sled would mess with the accelerometer becuase when your setting up the g tech its very critical to have it level before you run,most cars and trucks do not lift the front end off the ground when holeshoting.

I also have a timing system I got from fett bros. (cost around 500.00)that works off of laser light.You set up the laser becons at whatever distance you want and when you pass them it marks off the time on the clock as you pass them.It works pretty decent but uses batteries up pretty quickly in the winter.

Bob 1.793- 1.80 0-60FT were the times run at the AMSNOW shoot out with a stock VECTOR so tell me what knowledge you have that makes you think that i can't come up with these no's. Infact i would bet i can do better with better cond. Opinion's are like, Owell you know the rest. kviper :ORC

I have used mine on my 2000 SRX, worked real good for tuning. It may not be absoultly accurate, (due to ski lift fooling the accelerometer) but it was very consistant from one run to another. Best time I got on the snow with the "X" was 12.2 @106 in the quarter.

Steve the TAZZO is self leveling and according to the company will work. Some car drag racer's with squat and wheele are using them with great result's. It is amazingly consistant but you need to be on a fairly smooth run (no 3' woop's) and it will work well. If my memory serves me wright the G-tec may not be self leveling and if it is not it could be a problem. Hope this help's. kviper

kviper said:
Bob 1.793- 1.80 0-60FT were the times run at the AMSNOW shoot out with a stock VECTOR so tell me what knowledge you have that makes you think that i can't come up with these no's. Infact i would bet i can do better with better cond. Opinion's are like, Owell you know the rest. kviper :ORC

Sorry :? My mistake :o| I thought you where refferring to 0-60 MPH :(

Give me a hug! Go to heaven!!! LaLaLa LaLaLa

Not a problem i make mistakes to, I see i actualy have " markes instead of a' behind the 0-60. kviper

on trucks ive seen the G-tech pro's off by up to a half second in the 1/4 mile. its good for screwing around with, but not good for actual times

I don't know what way you were off either high or low but you also have to keep in mind that the accelerometer's dont have reaction time factored in, they start timing instantly. I have made several run's in my mustang with in 2 to 3 tenth's and basicaly the same result's in a friend's pickup In fact running the same direction in the truck we had a couple run's that were less than one thenth dif. My thought is that it is consistant enough to use for tuning. The problem with snomobiles is getting a consistant track to test on.

A friend of mine has the G-Tech Pro and he has used it on his sled (2-stroke with it running off a lawn tractor battery strapped on somewhere...) I guess the ski lift could affect it a bit, probably not much though. As for overall accuracy, I have tried it in my pickup on the street, and also at the strip, and while at the strip it was within a few tenths of my actual time. As was mentioned, this is mostly due to reaction time.

Jim

Back