• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauntlets

stewartb

Expert
I have a pair of the discontinued SkiDoo gauntlets and just bought a pair of the Powermadd gauntlets that are made to fit over hand guards and stay open for access to controls. I've never been a gauntlet fan but current temps and piss-poor handwarmers make them necessary. I'll find out in a couple of days if the Powermadds are worth having.

If anyone knows a source for SkiDoo gauntlets please PM me. I'd buy several pairs.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 92

I ran the gaunt's last year and they do help alot. This year I bought the Yamaha "dumbo" ears.....I will tell you that so far, they are every bit of good as gauntlets.

A couple guys I in my crew use guant's and I tryed riding thier sled with them and HATED it but those in the pic (white sled) look like they keep it easy to get your hands in and out.

Hey Lucky....are those the slip over covers for hand gaurds or the ones that atach to the bars?

They are the over sized protectors that slip over the stock hand guards. They look like two big ears!!!

I think they are around 50, but they block the wind very good!!

I've got about 300 mls this year on the powermads they work pretty well. Easy access and your hands stay warm even with these warmers. Always used the old bag type before rolled up and bungied on the bars. I like these better I think I'm going to buy another set for the family phazer. :jump:

stopdropanroll said:
A couple guys I in my crew use guant's and I tryed riding thier sled with them and HATED it but those in the pic (white sled) look like they keep it easy to get your hands in and out.
I've found that if you have hand-guards installed, they will deflect the wind around the gauntlet helping it to stay open. I have used gauntlets without hand-guards and also hated it because they would collapse around your hand and making it difficult to pull the brake lever. With the hand-guards, I have not had this problem. ;)!

I'll try the Powermadd over-the-handguard gauntlets but they're bulky and won't be easy to store. I found a source that apparently still has some SkiDoo gauntlets and ordered them this morning. They're the best/most compressible gauntlets I've ever found, and they fit over the Nytro's control modules. I fully expect to leave the truck in -30F temps tomorrow and as much as I don't prefer gauntlets, I'll have some installed. The worse scenario is not needing them until days later when you come back home. If you don't have them with you they're no good at all. Compressible/packable is important to me.

Koeckman....is the 180 project a dead subject? What're you flying?

Stewart

stewartb said:
Koeckman....is the 180 project a dead subject? What're you flying?
Stewart

Stewart, I am not currently flying as I lost my medical back in September and sold my airplanes before the market completely crashed. I failed my physical and come to find out I had some fairly serious organ problems, yet not life threatening......yet. I have basically lost the use both kidney's, pancreas and now my liver is on the brink. Anyway, there is a slim hope I may get a class three back at some point with a ton of petitions and waivers through the FAA chief flight surgeon and may look at picking up another Cub or smaller plane if that does happen. We'll see, only time will tell.

As for now I am 37 years old, retired, the proud pilot of a Yamaha FX Nytro and have nothing but time to ride.

Back