• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

goggle lens color

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Looking at getting a pair of 509 Sinister x5 goggles for the coming year. I have a pair of Scott 87XI that I have worn for the past few seasons that I will still keep for my back up set. They currently have amp rose lenses which I love for low light conditions but wish they were a little bit darker on sunny days. Wondering what you think are the best all around color in 509's line for any condition. Leaning towards yellow or blue. Suggestions appreciated

I really like the polarized brown for most conditions, they are a little dark at night though.

I have a few different lenses for my avators but the ones I use the most is the polarized brown for daytime riding and clear for night time riding

I don't think there's an overall, good for every condition lens...The polarized lenses are awesome on Sunny days, ok in low light and terrible at night. I now have 4 different lenses for 2 pair of Aviator goggles. Polarized, Clear, Rose Tint and Bronze mirror...I hated to buy a clear lens cuz it's kinda boring but it's the only thing I can ride with at night. The chart in the 509 catalog is pretty accurate with their descriptions.

Daytime/nighttime best lense is HD yellow no tint. But the ultimate night time is clear lense. I just use the HD yellow no tint for both day and night riding. Any tinted or polarized lenses at night and you might as well ride blind folded. Bad idea.

Subaru2006

Night time nothing is better then clears.......I just got a spare pair b/c changing lens is a pain in the a**. I've been using the mirrored yellow lens which is ok but it's still kinda hard to see at times, its more for looks lol. The yellow is awesome for really lighting up the trail contours

09nytro said:
I have two 509s goggles one has yellow for day and clear for night ridding

That's what I have done, Polarized brown or black for the day and clear for night. Plus it never hurts to have a spare pair of goggles in my pack in case someone in the group has theirs break.

moab11 said:
09nytro said:
I have two 509s goggles one has yellow for day and clear for night ridding

That's what I have done, Polarized brown or black for the day and clear for night. Plus it never hurts to have a spare pair of goggles in my pack in case someone in the group has theirs break.

I do the same thing. I like being able to switch goggles when the daylight is running out. I like to ride at night, and usually ride in the evening to dinner and do a night ride and I have the ability to switch on the fly. I also carry some spare lenses too, not a bad thing to keep in the trunk bag along with another set of gloves.

Back