• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Got a great (i think) deal for an apex, but can it work for me?

Wider skis, a-arm float plates, bigger lug track.

Nice looking sled...Good deal! While certainly not the first, or second...or third choice for deep snow..lol...I have broken trail in 3 feet of snow and the front stays up. These a arm protectors are great of you can still find them, combined with a rip 2, and plenty of body english, it's fun! The engine can be screaming at 10 grand all day....just paste it, plan where you're going, and hang on! Or look for another u-boat!
2019-11-01 07.43.48.jpg
2018-03-03 11.54.51.jpg

I extended my 121 to 136. Cost about 1k including track. Did it myself to save money. With mine all I needed was a tunnel extention, 136 rails from an attack, and my 1.5"
FB_IMG_1569757092913.jpg
Composite Talon track. Swapped out the rails in my original mono. Works great. Awesome upgrade. My sled has almost 16000 miles. The traction is unreal compared to the original 1"ripsaw. No need for studs. Not afraid to go off trail anymore. Also put a sidewinder flap on it cause my riding buddies were bitching about me throwing tons of snow at them. This pic is before the new flap. Next, mountain skis.

the 1.5 fits without replacing the drivers. the 1.75, you would have to change the drivers. just put the 1.5 on my 11 xtx. good news is you could sell the old track to some one to defray some of the costs.

odds are that is what it is.
if you cut the protector on the front rad, 1.75 will fit. that what i did.

what kind of float plate is best? and what about accessing the oil drain? or do you drill out the rivits every year and put back??

what kind of float plate is best? and what about accessing the oil drain? or do you drill out the rivits every year and put back??
It's held on with rivnuts, so it unscrews. The oil tank is on the side and has most of the oil. Easy to drain that. Very little in the sump cover under the engine.

Nice looking sled...Good deal! While certainly not the first, or second...or third choice for deep snow..lol...I have broken trail in 3 feet of snow and the front stays up. These a arm protectors are great of you can still find them, combined with a rip 2, and plenty of body english, it's fun! The engine can be screaming at 10 grand all day....just paste it, plan where you're going, and hang on! Or look for another u-boat!
View attachment 150102 View attachment 150103

Who makes the float plate that you have on your machine & the a-arms protectors are they separate from the float itself . The float plate itself, is it a good fitting plate.

Who makes the float plate that you have on your machine & the a-arms protectors are they separate from the float itself . The float plate itself, is it a good fitting plate.
Yes, the a arm plates are riveted, but the belly protector is screwed on. Four rivnuts under the belly, and it uses 2 screws in the front that hold the plastic on.
This is all OEM Yamaha. Not sure if it's available anymore, but Travis at Barn of Parts might have some off older sleds.
Also have curve xs skis which greatly help flotation. The nose actually stays up!

Yes, the a arm plates are riveted, but the belly protector is screwed on. Four rivnuts under the belly, and it uses 2 screws in the front that hold the plastic on.
This is all OEM Yamaha. Not sure if it's available anymore, but Travis at Barn of Parts might have some off older sleds.
Also have curve xs skis which greatly help flotation. The nose actually stays up!

Thank's for the information

travis has a few take offs posted in his parts for sale thread for the belly pan protectors. same ones as the rx sleds. might have a arm ones too but they where not as popular in the us.

Hello again

I have been looking for some more info around the net for the track extension, i have read that the skid with the fox monoshock cant take skid extension to 136 or 144, i am not extactly sure why theres plenty of mixed review.

So i went to dealer and they told me i cant go further than 136 with currwnt suspension.

Otherwise theres one thing that kinda bother me, the light slack in the thumb throttle, i was wondering if its normal or not, the spring seem to be good as i tested in the video.

that is normal that is the tors system a safety feature. don't adjust that out or the sled wont move.

Back