• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS mount

Fast Lane

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Nytro ER
Anyone come up with a good way to mount a gps on a RS sled? I mounted one to my handle bar but its not a great place. If it was close to the tach it would be a lot easier to look at while riding. I was debating on buying a Garmin Tread.

I have mine in a case with velcro on the case, windshield and across the gauge cluster. Works very good.

mount a peice of aluminum plate behind the gauge on the hood that has enough room to mount a ram mount ball to for the gps mount. mine is on a ram ball mount on my lake effect riser but it is a smaller hand held unit.

I have to figure something out. I love having gps but trying to get a decent solid mount has been difficult.

I installed a 5" Garmin Nuvi 55 on our 12 Apex XTX. I used a Ram cradle & RoczToyz Smart Supply for power but the rest was all custom. It is mounted to the right of the gauge using some aluminum spacers as standoffs. I used 2 different length spacers to get the angle that I wanted.

This is the only pic that I have but if you look close, you can see it. You can see it just fine over the handlebars.

1000019124.jpg

Back