• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GT Windshield - Low Chrome with Strobes

PowerMadd guards & mirrors with some variations.
I took a page from SledderSteve's book(excellent idea)& moved the mirrors in on the guards,only I moved them in farther so they don't stick out past the end of the gaurds.Some bush trails are pretty narrow & they would get snapped off if they stick out too far.
I also shortened the arms on the mounting brackets.(drilled 15/64" holes 7/8"from the inside hole & cut off the excess material.The guards don't make contact the wind shield with full turn left or right.This does shorten the clearence between the gaurds & the grips but I am sastified with the fit.I chose that over any contact with the wind shield.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 135
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 136
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 01A.jpg
    01A.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 151
Steve and tcona,
This is what I am going to do.
I bought the powermadds a year ago and never used them.
So now I just order mirrors from Kev and I dont have to wait for the yamaha kit which looks too low anywayand I dont have to drill holes in my sled :D
Thanks again guys :pics: :rocks:

Starry
It's a Ram-Mount.Goes on the handle bars.Pic is on my 05 but you can see with the ball on both ends there is lots of adjustment up,down etc.On the 06 it is mounted on the other side of the bar(facing rider)
Hope this helps.
Bill

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 120
SledderSteve said:
I actually have a little bit (1/4") more clearance than what Tom shows on his pics. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=17563 The guards do not hit the shield even if I slam it to full lock.

The guard on the throttle side is mounted to the inside hole closest to the handlebar. The guard on the brake lever side is mounted to the outside hole to allow clearance between the guard and extended brake lever.

It turns out with this mounting that the windshield clearance is now the same for both guards.

Steve-Can you tell me where you got your brake lever extender? Is it the one by Powermadd or someone else? I'm setting my guards up like yours, good job.

Back