• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

handlebar update

ottercreeks

Extreme
i just did my update to the new 1 piece handlebar. the install was pretty easy but i have one question (hope i can explain this) my update came with and extra wire at the end of the normal connectors, should i use this or is not needed for my set-up??

the extra wire was about 4 inches long and connects to the same connectors?

any ideas what i am talking about?? thanks

keep the connector in the harrness if you hook it up wrong you will get a cde 81 on the speedo head.just switch the wires around left and right hand warmers are bplugged in backwards

dntmndr said:
keep the connector in the harrness if you hook it up wrong you will get a cde 81 on the speedo head.just switch the wires around left and right hand warmers are bplugged in backwards

Thanks for the info, i found this out when i started my sled for the season. A quick switch of the wires got rid of the error code 81.

Did anyone use the updated bars they got or has everyone pretty much just put the harness in line with the original bars? The reason I ask is that I did just the harness last year on my wife's sled and man were those things HOT. She love it unless my 4 year old would continually keep hitting the handlebar warmer switch and her hands would burn off.

Back