• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Harsh vibration over 50kph

Anthonynytro

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha nytro xtx
2007 Yamaha Phazer GT
Hey guys have a question, my wife's 07 phazer GT has a harsh vibration I thought it was just the belt so I replaced it and still same issue.
Drive and jack shafts look okay no wobbles,
Track alignment and tension are good.

Only thing I can find is some of the boggie wheels are oval.. not a crazy amount.
Is that enough to cause vibrations throughout the sled.

Thanks guys

Hey guys have a question, my wife's 07 phazer GT has a harsh vibration I thought it was just the belt so I replaced it and still same issue.
Drive and jack shafts look okay no wobbles,
Track alignment and tension are good.

Only thing I can find is some of the boggie wheels are oval.. not a crazy amount.
Is that enough to cause vibrations throughout the sled.

Thanks guys
How many miles on the track.
I would look closely at the track, could have a broken bar or belt/cords starting to let go.

How many miles on the track.
I would look closely at the track, could have a broken bar or belt/cords starting to let go.
The sled has 10,000km on it but I believe the track has around 3-4,000

Did you check the upper idler wheels? They can freeze and wear a flat spot. There are rubber ones available from AC.

Did you check the upper idler wheels? They can freeze and wear a flat spot. There are rubber ones available from AC.
I saw that as well! Mine are not as bad as the pictures I saw but they are definitely not perfectly round anymore.
But once your going above 60kph/40mph those wheels are moving pretty fast so it probably doesn't take much.

The bolt ended up walking out of this pivot. I hope this is the root to my issues. There some idler wheels that have shot bearings but still roll fine and not a super amount of play

Replaced that pivot and loosened the track but I still feel the vibration.. I was only able to run it up and down my street so about 60kph