• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heat exchanger protectors

Vmaxkid

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX-SE, 2019 Ski-Doo 900T Enduro (not as fun as Sidewinder)
looking for some feedback as I’m purchasing a 2011 Phazer GT for my son. Currently it isn’t studded but I’m going to add some studs to the stock Hacksaw track. I’ve searched the forums about tunnel protection and I’m a proponent of adding them. My question is the factory aluminum protectors have a very slight angle at the front. How does that actually protect the entire front heat exchanger which from photos looks pretty massive and hemispherical? I’d rivet a set of slides to the tunnel if there already were protectors on the exchanger. I can’t find any photos showing the aluminum protectors installed and actually providing adequate protection for the front exchanger.
Anyone?

I have approx 0.375" of bite on my studs with a 1" hacksaw. If the track tension is kept up there is little marking in the tunnel and a ton of clearance on the front exchanger. There is no way to add protection to the front exchanger. Its a solid aluminum piece with ribbed fins. It slots in between the front frame/extrusions and the tunnel. Take a look at the the front of the track where it sits on the sprockets and you will see the clearance I am referring to. I'm 6'4" 300lbs and have over 10K km's on my 07 GT and theres only a few scrapes on my tunnel.

Back