• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated gloves thoughts - FXR Recon

ateick

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'24 Rene XRS 900R
'18 SR Viper RTX (SOLD)
'20 Poo XCR 850 (SOLD)
Ok. Gettin old (lol) and hands are getting colder than they used to. I've also realized its' 2020 dammit! I don't need to get cold anymore! Looking at heated gloves. FXR Recon seem to be the ones most readily available to me.

Before I bite the bullet - cause they ain't cheap -- anyone have a) other suggestions or b) thoughts/feelings on the Recon's? They seem to have good reviews.

Cheers

Ok. Gettin old (lol) and hands are getting colder than they used to. I've also realized its' 2020 dammit! I don't need to get cold anymore! Looking at heated gloves. FXR Recon seem to be the ones most readily available to me.

Before I bite the bullet - cause they ain't cheap -- anyone have a) other suggestions or b) thoughts/feelings on the Recon's? They seem to have good reviews.

Cheers
I know this doesn't answer your question about the gloves but I'm diabetic and have real issues with keeping my hands warm,someone suggested install handlebar muffs,wow should have done it years ago.

Muffs work great in our group when it's really cold.
Not familiar with recon but if they are battery powered they won't last very long.
I do have a pair of Gerbings heated gloves that are wired to the sled and when used with a heat controller work very nice.

well got the gf a set of choko ones for christmas and just sent them in for warentee as the right one failed before the ty ride on the weekend. she loved the left one though and they kept her hand warm for over 6 hrs on the lowers setting.

Thanks all. Pulled the trigger on the FXR Recon's this afternoon. Going to get cold here over the next few days. I'll let everyone know my thoughts.

They have a stated battery life of about 3 hrs max power, 4 hrs med., 5 hrs. low and they take two hours to fully recharge. I don't expect needing much more than low/med. so that should get me through most days. Warranty is quoted as "3 year progressive".

Only bummer is they currently only have an AC charger for the batteries. They are developing a USB version but not for this year. I would have liked to be able to remove them and charge them on the sled during those colder days if needed.

Cheers
I have been using heated glove liners for years due to finger reconstruction that inhibits circulation. Gears Canada has them and the beauty is they are 12v. I wired to the machine so no need for batteries. Just use regular gloves a size or two larger and you are good to go. On warmer days just don't plug in.

Got out last week with these gloves and really enjoyed them. Day started off at - 20 C. Got up to about - 14 C

The Good:
- They are warm as just regular gloves without heat even on.
- Well made and I think they will be durable
- Easy to charge and install batteries.
- The do their job. I started on Med. setting for abit and then dropped down to Low to have them last as long as they could. Got maybe 4 hrs.

The Bad:
- They are expensive.
- They have strange stitch pattern on the inside of thumb that I found jammed up against the tip of the throttle causing it to get a little hung up when coming to an off throttle stop. I had to adjust my finger position.
- Battery life ok but you'll need to invest in another set of batteries if you plan on getting through a full day.

Overall made my day a better one and that's what I was looking for.

Thanks for the review ateick? I picked up a pair at the Novi Snow Show. Pretty much every vendor had them priced the same but there was one that was $10 less than everyone else and another that threw in an extra pair of batteries for the Recons. Needless to say I opted for the extra set vs. the cost savings so its good to know that they're capable of providing a days worth of heat at low/med to heat level with a spare set of batteries. I actually purchased them for things other than snowmobling but do plan on trying them out for a ride; especially when it's cold out.

Back