• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heel Clicker Super Torquer system

10000ft

I have a Heel clicker weight systems that I would like to try on my turbo rx1. Currently have stock weights (68 grams) and rollers.

Could someone please give some advive on starting weight and do I need to change rollers. Heel clicker weight with one whasher in the heel is around 60 grams.

Thanks for the help.

TSE...........

Turbo RX1

Need to know more info. Elevation. lbs of boost, Type of helix and spring wts. gearing ect. Generally speaking you will need around 65-75 g's of wt in primary. Higher the boost the more wt.

I run 8000-10000ft and run 43 helex white spring, my bigest question can the same rollers be used with heel cicker weights.

They will not work with the 16mm rollers, but they only came stock on the 03 mountains. If you have the 15 or 14.5, wich a lot of guys run they will work. So check your roller size! this is with the original heel cliker weight for the rx, seems like they also make a weight that pivots, and I do not know on that one!

Heel clickers for turbo

If you are running 2 spd. wts., for a turbo a good start is 40-20 wt. with 3 gms. in shoulder(1 screw plus 2 washers), nothing in middle and 4 gms. in the tip (1 screw plus 2 washers). Use their white spring in primary (170-300), and their yellow spring in secondary at 3-3 to start with. Their kit usually comes with several primary springs and a yellow secondary. Watch the top rpm, keep out of limiter and should be fine. If you are running the single spd. wts. this info is useless to you. I could drop 20 grams going from stock wts. to the 2spd and have about the same shift rpm. I did note that rpm rail riding was considerably higher than stock (about 1500-2000 rpm) but that didn't bother anything except fuel mileage. I have the 2spd wts in a nitrous setup and they work fine. Note- the above recommendation is for a turbo rx1, not a mountain machine which I believe has different gearing. Good Luck - longshot

If you run in powder - I say get rid of the heel clickers. Great on hard pack. Belt slips like a Mother F...... I used the springs supplied (white and yellow), 2nd spring in 3/3, small rollers and put weight on the heel of 10 grams, 2 grams in center and 3 grams in tip. Stock 45 helix. This was the dealer recommendations. RPM was fine. I went through 6 belts in seven weekends. This is BS. So.....
I could not believe how soft the 2nd spring is. I changed 2nd spring back to stock, preload in 1/6 and added 9 grams in center and tip- maxing out the weight provided. RPMs fine. Belt slippage continued but improved belt life.
I change fly weights to Supertips and WOW - what a difference. 15-19mph more track speed in powder. I have about 74.7 grams with Supertips and still adjusting where to put weight (heel, center and tip).

Back