• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help, before she sells it and goes to the dark side!!!!!!!!!

copo427ss

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
friend of mines girl is so disapionted with her 07 phazer gt, that shes ready to quit. its her second season with it. she says that it is unpredictable and it scares her. she ways like 110 wet. i have done every bullitin yamaha had on it. it darts bad and and the a$$ end is loose.
whats peoples setups on these. pilots? loose limiter, or tight?
ive searched for about an hr last night and cant really find the answers im looking for. thanks in advance
wes :4STroke:

Re: help, before she sells it and goes to the dark side!!!!!

copo427ss said:
friend of mines girl is so disapionted with her 07 phazer gt, that shes ready to quit. its her second season with it. she says that it is unpredictable and it scares her. she ways like 110 wet. i have done every bullitin yamaha had on it. it darts bad and and the a$$ end is loose.
whats peoples setups on these. pilots? loose limiter, or tight?
ive searched for about an hr last night and cant really find the answers im looking for. thanks in advance
wes :4STroke:

I'm all ears too as I cant get mine set up correctly. I did add some dual carbides last weekend and that helped quite a bit, but now really loose in the rear...

best thing i did to calm the rear end down was extend the track and put a clutch kit on it....almost ZERO engine braking now....hope that helps...

Get some shaper bars for the front and a taller lug track. I have almost eliminated my darting issue and loose rear end.

on our phazer we went up one hole on the limit strap added dualie carbides and 96 studs in the track solved all hadleing issues. for us.

my .02

it has the stock hacksaw track and 96 down the center. last night on the trail i cranked the center sping all the way up to try and combat the darting. she says that it was alot better. after some thought here is my plan: back the center off one. loosen the limiter strap one hole. the rear is already set on soft. check to make sure that the bushings on the skis are on wide. turn the rubbers around. set the sway bar from medium to hard. jack the sled up and back the ski springs off til loose then one turn tighter. then maybe talk her into pilot 5.7 and rear fx shocks with a pioneer revalve.
of course i am only going to do one step at a time with her test riding and giving me feed back. she rode my apex rtx for a while yesterday and i couldnt get her off of it, lol.

now i cant remember off hand but are the weight transfer blocks adjustable?

also what clutch kit? what does it consist of? i know these two holers have alot of engine breaking. is it mainly a helix swap?

1- Lower ride height of front end by losening up front springs, lowered mine about 2".
2- Take the 1/2" ski spacer out of the inside and place both on outside of ski. (makes sled 1" wider)
I was ready to give up on mine also.
;)!

I tightened my strap by two notches from stock position. I recently put on Bergstrom Skegs Triple Point carbides. HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!

I can crank my handlebars all the way left or right on an ice covered parking lot and do a PERFECT CIRCLE, no pushing, and the circle is only about 10 feet across or less. On groomed trails it was like going from no carbides to power steering.

My buddy has way more experience riding than I do, I let him ride it for a while, he was in total shock at the improvement. Also I currently have no studs. With studs it would probably feel even better.

http://www.bergstromskegs.com/

thanks for everyones comments. as soon as i get her over with the sled so i can try some changes, ill post back .

I just went through this my self with 07 Phazer FX I widened the ski stance (all bushings to the outside) turned ski stopper rubbers around put 9" stud boy sharper bars and loosened up the front springs and pulled the limiter strap down 1 hole made a huge differance I have no studs!! more stable lots more fun now!!! the track breaking is what makes it feel like its darting I am going with a clutch kit next to stop the track from pulling me back....

According to the Bergstrom site, I was supposed to get 4", which are for 0-96 studs (I have 0 right now). I spoke with Scott on the phone to place my order and he recommended 6". The kit comes with the carbides, plastic ski savers, and shims. I've only been rideing for a few years and my previous sled had pretty generic carbides I think.

I'm no expert, but I personally love these carbides. My buddy tried my sled and he is an experienced rider, he said he felt like he was more "glued to the trail".

Back