• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help: Do I stand a chance my 2007 RTX VS 2008 Skidoo 800 xp

You need 144 Woody's megabytes 1.450". 23 top gear and an Air box mod of some sort. I reccomeend Ulmers or FIXPowerSports. Try that and see what happens. He'll be beggin for you to stop... J/K kidding.... But it should give him a good go. He lose on the big end, since DOO's 136 has no top-end.

I raced one today...

2008 XP "X" with 235mi 1.25 Ripsaw No studs VS. my 2007 Attak with 73mi 1.25 Ice Ripper

condition, very loose hardpack lake

Front the start the XP jumped a half a sled ahead, then the midrange of my ATtack just came on strong and passed him fast to jump a half infront of him....then i very slowly creaped away from him upto my top speed of 113mph on the dreameter.

I've read here she going to only get faster as I put some more hard miles on it.

The 800r has 2 more hp but is 100 lbs lighter. You (we) have more torque. If your friend weighs a lot more than you then you have a good chance of beating him. top end I think we are faster.

curious george said:
Just an update. The showdown didn't happen, my buddy with the new XP was sick (and this without even racing the RTX...ha ha!) So we will have to take him on another day! Thanks for all your advice and thoughts guys! Will report back when it happens.

I've missed alot of things due to being "sick": term paper due dates, fights after school with the school bully, jury duty and in-laws birthday parties. Ha ha ha.

I wonder if the 800R owners know that we have it out for them and we got their number. Ha ha ha.

I still can't believe that an Apex can beat a 100# lighter sled with the same horsepower. These big Yamaha motors really put the power to the ground. Much like the 450F dirtbikes versus the 250 2-strokers with approximately the equal hp. The Pros are always saying that traction is much better on the 4-strokes than the 2-strokes

Check out this video of 7 time champ Ricky Carmichael talking about 2t vs. 4t and watch him ride his old 2-stroker.
. http://www.foxracing.com/videos/?id=MX017

Yesterday I was sitting at a junction and a bunch of Doo's pulled up. ONe was a 800r xp renegade. He lined up with two older 800 rev's and they took off. I was surprised with the results. The XP hung the skis about a foot all the way down the trail and the other 2 800's were only about a half a sled length behind him.

Back