• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help, I need a Yamaha Advantage 4yr Warranty Voucher.

COLDONE said:
You can not use another person's voucher! They have the customer's name and dealership to be used at on them!

BR

This is true, trust me I tried. Also I tried to have my father who has a voucher purchase both, but its only for one sled...

My dealer said it doesn't matter, that the warranty gets applied to the sled and that they only use the code off the voucher ?? Just bought an 09 Apex MTX and they're waiting a week to register warranty for me to come up with a voucher if I can.

your info gets entered into yamaha you do not need to have a phyisical voucher its all done by your name in there system if you didnt sign up you wont be able to use someone elses unless you put it in their name as well. I may be wrong but work at a dealership and do not know how you could get around yamahas dealer system and change the name. If you get it sweet but doubtful

I'm interested too in hearing from anyone who use the voucher. I registered online in the spring, and a PDF popped up to print / save. Laptop recently crashed, and lost the voucher. Never remember seeing anything with my name on it, let alone a number on it.

My assumption is that they would have me in the system but I won't know until I go put a deal together. Dealer didn't have the answers to my questions when I was "kicking tires" on a left over XTX. Said he would find out once the deal with closer to ink. Waiting for a buyer on my current sled. Soon as that happens, I'll be sure to let everyone know of my experience. :)

my understanding is that voucher is in a specific persons name and unless you are good friends with the person with the voucher its a pain because the warranty has to be registered to the person on the voucher. Only way I think you can do it is have the person with the voucher go with you to do the dealer and do it that way. You put the sled in your name but the warranty has to go in his.

I called Yamaha customer service today. I gave them my information and the lady found me on some spreadsheet they are maintaining from the registration period. She gave me 5 digit number that is associated to me, which she claims will get me the warranty.

Therefore, I would think if someone was registered, they can find you on the list and take advantage of this warranty. Sorting out and trusting someone to title the sled in their name, that's a whole other issue. :o|

Back